I think most people don't do that in America

來源: elfie 2023-04-08 16:18:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (878 bytes)

How many families can afford the travel costs of visiting a dozen plus schools? I doubt it's a common practice. I certainly can't afford that long trip and my household income is above the median income of the whole population. So I don't think most American familes travel to visit colleges because it's quite expensive with the hotel fee, food, gas, and the time lost from not working.  Also when you spend $$$ for taking this one kid to see the places, you have to leave the other kids to someone else's care. Only the wealthy, upper income families with both parents can do this. Single parent and low to median income families cannot afford it. I only know one kid, both of her parents are doctors, made this trip. She went to Oberlin college to study music. Definitely privileged. 

所有跟帖: 

Most Chinese parents take their high schooler visit colleges -鏡中花- 給 鏡中花 發送悄悄話 鏡中花 的博客首頁 (31 bytes) () 04/08/2023 postreply 19:37:21

+1 -樹枝兒- 給 樹枝兒 發送悄悄話 樹枝兒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2023 postreply 16:06:07

我是高中老師。我的學生基本上都會去看大學。我周圍的中國人家也基本上都去看。而且,這次我們去看大學 -樹枝兒- 給 樹枝兒 發送悄悄話 樹枝兒 的博客首頁 (183 bytes) () 04/09/2023 postreply 15:59:44

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”