Sen. Rand Paul calls out Romney on Middle East, defense spending

Sen. Rand Paul calls out Romney on Middle East, defense spending

At a major foreign policy speech in Virginia, Mitt Romney laid out an aggressive new position on Syria Monday, saying that as president, he would want to see that Syrian rebels "who share our values" are armed with the help of the United States. 

(用戶注:Is Romney really that stupid like Bush Jr.???)

Rand Paul: Romney's wrong on Middle East, defense spending

(用戶注:Now I like him already, like father like son)

This week, I will campaign for Gov. Mitt Romney. I believe this election will and should be about moving America back from the edge of the abyss on which we stand, where our debt and spending threaten to overwhelm and drown us. Romney's belief in free markets, limited government and trade make him the clear choice to lead our country come January.

I do not, however, support a call for intervention in Syria. And, if such intervention were being contemplated, it is absolutely necessary that Congress give any such authority to the president. No president, Republican or Democrat, has the unilateral power to take our nation to war without the authority of the legislature.

At times, I have been encouraged by Romney's foreign policy. I agree with his call to end the war in Afghanistan sooner rather than later and with his skepticism of, and call for reform in, foreign aid, but I am a bit dismayed by his foreign policy speech Monday, titled "Mantle of Leadership."

Romney chose to criticize President Obama for seeking to cut a bloated Defense Department and for not being bellicose enough in the Middle East, two assertions with which I cannot agree.

所有跟帖: 

不知道ryan paul 和他是不是一夥的。 -用戶名被占用了- 給 用戶名被占用了 發送悄悄話 用戶名被占用了 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2012 postreply 12:50:26

Rand Paul的意思是中日打架俺不管,人家來打美國俺問中國借原子彈。 -jin_yin_hua- 給 jin_yin_hua 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2012 postreply 12:24:53

reponse to your good news in Job,it maybe a little fishy -wxc1204- 給 wxc1204 發送悄悄話 (978 bytes) () 10/11/2012 postreply 12:53:58

本來,現在還冷戰那一套。什麽時候了。 -老忽叔叔- 給 老忽叔叔 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2012 postreply 13:01:58

是的是的,老是冷戰 -jin_yin_hua- 給 jin_yin_hua 發送悄悄話 (17 bytes) () 10/11/2012 postreply 13:22:21

熱戰也打過若幹了。什麽好處都沒撈到,惹一身搔。 -老忽叔叔- 給 老忽叔叔 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2012 postreply 14:22:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!