給國會議員的選舉投票訴求信

來源: 唵啊吽 2011-03-30 15:09:23 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5677 bytes)

前言:

1、我們集中一個訴求,要求6月22日定為鐵路華工紀念日。可以是個人行為,也可以是華人社區行為。我隻是做我自己的,把信件模版放出來,供大家參考。

2、信件要有自己的郵政地址,這是選民標記。

3、信的第一段寫一些個人的與該訴求相關的背景,信件越個性化,越有力量。據http://www.grandmotherscampaign.org/advocacy-letter.html的觀點,一封個性化求訴性相當於1000張選票。所以,該模版隻是參考,發信者可以隨意更改,不必顧忌,隻有訴求是鐵路華工紀念日即可。

4、這次競選主要是爭取少數族裔的選票的競選,所以,族裔訴求有很大優勢。這裏給出溫哥華地區網友楊子在

• 加拿大華人緊急行動!! 評論中給出許多有價值的分析。
  • 從楊子的評論來看,各黨根據地是已經基本存在,都不是他們競選的重點,競選重點是少數族裔選票,激烈的戰場就是溫哥華和多倫多這兩個華裔聚集區。華裔隻要集中在一個訴求上,應該能夠爭取得到,隻要大家積極寫信給競選各黨。

5、我們雖然是爭取族裔權益,但我們爭取的是族裔平等權益,不是族裔特權,比魁人黨溫和得多。

6、我們雖然爭取的是族裔權益,但同時也是為了加拿大有更公平大社會,是自利利他行為。

---------信--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[You Name and post address]

[Date]

The Honourable [full name of the MP]

House of Commons

Ottawa, Ontario

K1A 0A6

Subject: I vote for Chinese Railroad Workers’ Day

Dear [Mr./Mrs full name of the MP]:

I am a citizen [introduce yourself with personal experience relevant to the issue]. I am writing to you to express my concern. I urge you and your fellow MPs to designate June 22 as a National Holiday to commemorate the Chinese Railroad Workers.

Our Prime Minister gave a formal apology on June 22, 2006 to Chinese Canadian community for the use of a head tax and the exclusion of Chinese immigrants to Canada. Many fellow Canadians and I consider this a great event on Canadian history, an event signified that Canada is forging into a mature democratic and humanitarian society. The historical significance diminished, however, as the contribution by Chinese Railroad Workers neglected one way or another by our society. Most Canadian knows how important is CPR to the nationhood of modern Canada, a s Sir John A. MacDonald said, “Until this great work is completed, our Dominion is little more than a ‘geographical expression’”. Most Canadian also knows how important were Chinese Railroad Workers to Canadian Pacific Railroad, as Sir John A. Macdonald argued to Parliament in 1882: "It is simply a question of alternatives: either you must have this labour or you can't have the railway". However, our “Choo Choo Train” entertainments during Christmas Season made not connection to Chinese Railroad Workers, and many of our railroad and locomotion museums I visited display no trace of Chinese Railroad Workers. Chinese Railroad Workers are recognized as important to the nationhood of modern Canada but neglected in our nostalgia on railroad. CPR remains an indisputable icon of Canadian nationalism while Chinese Railroad Workers were excluded from our Canadian Identity. What I can conclude from these disconnections is that Chinese Railroad Workers are recognized only as good instruments, they were used and disposed, even today. On 2006, July, Dr. Jiang, a new Chinese immigrant with two Ph.D. degrees, committed suicide at Toronto partly due to career failure. Ph.D. research is highly creative and difficult job. Like Chinese Railroad Workers and like excellent instrument, Dr. Jiang was also used and disposed. The tragedy of Chinese Railroad Workers repeats even nowadays -- some Chinese Canadians are excellent for most challenge and low-pay job such as Ph.D. researches and post-doctoral positions, but overqualified for normal life positions.

I urge you and your fellow MPs to designate June 22 as Chinese Railroad Workers’ Day, upholding our Canadian spirit when our Prime Minister made formal apology to Chinese Canadian community. Remembering the lives that laid cornerstone for our nationhood will promise Canada greater future. Our Canadian Identity is injured without remembering those who died for modern Canada nationhood. Our nation's prosperity and strength is undermined when any of her people is held back or obstructed from achieving their full potential due to some stereotypes we know are wrong. Designating June 22 as Chinese Railroad Workers’ Day is good for Canada, morally and economically. And you have nothing to lost but gaining our support.

I will vote to the party that leads the initiative to designate June 22 as Chinese Railroad Workers’ Day. I believe many fellow Canadians will vote the same.

Sincerely
    [Your name]

------------------------------------------------

給哈勃總理要把Honourable改成Right Honourable。參見

http://www.actew.org/projects/recent/Sample_MP_Letter.pdf

給哈勃的電子信箱是Harper.S@parl.gc.ca

注意,要送到這個議會議員的信箱,不要送到政府信箱。

給在自由黨領袖Michael Ignatieff 的信箱是Ignatieff.M@parl.gc.ca

給新民主黨領袖Hon. Jack Layton 的信箱是Layton.J@parl.gc.ca

給自己選區議會代表寫信,先在

http://www.elections.ca/scripts/pss/FindED.aspx?L=e

網頁輸入郵編找出自己的選區的名字,然後在

http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=Current&Language=E

找對應的議員的名字,點擊名字就可以找到電子郵箱。

希望大家積極參與,廣為傳播。我寫的信不一定適合每個人,也許有不妥當的地方,希望大家把自己修改的信放上來給大家分享。

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 給國會議員的選舉投票訴求信
  • 加拿大華人緊急行動!!
  • 【數理天下】形核長大的相變過程
  • 侃侃而談道德經(31)
  • 侃侃而談道德經(30)
  • 請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock