金大爺,您夢該醒了吧?!

來源: 來此一聚 2011-01-18 11:36:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (13996 bytes)

拜金大爺之賜, 1 月 17 日全國放假一天,以此來紀念他的著名夢想。

在他的夢想裏, 金大爺展望未來,“終有一日, 人們不再以膚色,而是以品性的優劣來評判我的後代子孫。”

近五十年過去了,看看今天:

人們不惜支付高地稅, 總要安居在一個少有黑人的地方。

孩子們都知道, 別跟黑人一般見識,他們惹不起,我們躲得起。

殺人嫌疑成為他們的族裔英雄。

針對黑人的“種族歧視”, 這一詞匯已經過度濫用,成為一團汙濁肮髒的遮羞布,下麵充斥了謊言狡辯,極力掩蓋,顛倒黑白,厚顏無恥的嘴臉。

年輕一代的黑人,吸毒,濫交,孩子生孩子,一個一個地生,生完丟給政府養。。。自甘墮落,十頭牛也拉不上正道。

金大爺, 若真要以品性的優劣評判你的後代,您真該夢醒了吧?!

現轉發一篇著名黑人喜劇表演藝術家 Bill Co*****y 的演講摘要, 近年來他竭力呼籲黑人民眾檢討自身存在的問題,通過改變惡習來獲取新生。 真應該將他的講話轉發各黑人居委會學習,讓他們深入地學習。

Co*****y to blacks: Come on people, it's time for change

These killings aren’t just happening in Chicago. They’re happening in Detroit, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. There’s a Fulton County juvenile court judge in Atlanta who's black. He grew tired of so many young black men coming through his courtroom. He said they made up 95 percent of his cases. So in April, he cleared the courtroom of all the white people and began to chastise these young black men. He scolded them, told them what they should be doing instead of standing before him for conduct and crimes against society and their ancestors.

There are two things a mother who comes before the judge says as her son is being sentenced. She says, “You take him because I can’t do anything with him.” But there’s a new one coming out with the mother saying, “Please take him so I can sleep at night. I don’t want to get a phone call saying he’s been murdered…”

So this in effect is where some of us happen to be. With these conditions, yes I’m concerned because this is about murder and I don’t see any politicians or law-and-order people really trying to solve this.

I’m not talking about the presidential candidates only. It used to be that when people (blacks, whites, whoever) were fighting during the civil rights movement against racism there was a certain resistance from the people who didn’t want change. Because of this resistance certain politicians in the South ran on the law-and-order platform. If elected, they would restore law and order. They would quiet the marchers and demonstrators.

Now since we’re killing each other in the areas where we live, no politician is running on law and order. They’re afraid they're going to be accused of picking on the poor.

But some people in these embattled communities want to regain the peace. They want more programs and more alternatives for their kids than the streets. But they’re not being heard. In some communities, though, there aren’t enough voices calling for change. They can’t galvanize enough numbers and sustain the pressure needed to make demands of politicians and law enforcement.

So, again, this is where we are. Some are trying. Some frankly are not. To these people, we say, "Come on people. Do you really know---are you really aware ---that what is going on in your community, you have to treat the same way you would if you were being attacked by people wearing white sheets and hoods?" If you really love your children, you have to take them out of danger’s way. The bridge is out and they are in danger.

It’s very clear that we have looked the other way. And when I say “we,” I’m not talking about "all." In my mind, it’s not a good argument to say the black middle class has not helped. We have school teachers or social workers who are working their butts off. These poor teachers are looking at books that have pages missing. They're taking their pay that’s way below what it should be and they’re purchasing books, clothing, toothpaste and shampoo for their students.

But I still say too many others have looked the other way on so many things and those things are beginning to pile up and they’re becoming as commonplace as somebody saying, “Pass the salt.”

Look at teen pregnancy. We have young boys 13, 14, having sex with no cover and then walking away from the situation. Traditional planning used to go something like this: “This is our child. We will now plan for our child. We will work together to make sure he has good health and a good education and a good home.” But that’s not happening.

We missed out by not immediately saying things like: “You know, these young boys are wearing their pants hanging off their rear ends with no belt.” We never said, “Boy, pull your pants up and stop this stuff.” Instead we glorified the rappers and their videos and their low-slung pants.

There was a demonstration in Harlem the other day because somebody drove by and shot up five or six innocent bystanders. The people demonstrating were saying Fannie Lou Hamer-type things: “We’re sick and tired of being sick and tired.”

I met a woman recently who said she was dating a Muslim man whose favorite saying was, “Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel.” I think it’s a great saying and I don’t care if you’re a Muslim or Christian. You’ve got to make the home you're bringing your child up in a place of love, where confidence is built; a place that gives answer to questions. You’ve got to give them boundaries and rein them in.

As parents we can’t look the other way any longer. We’ve got to demand our kids tell us who their friends are. We’ve got to know where they are and how they’re doing in school. Some people feel it’s a lot of work. But we’re talking about saving our children. There’s an absence of love and teaching, of giving and caring, of sitting down and having dinner together, of asking questions and expecting answers.

There was a young black man who was driving me around Philadelphia and he said he had just been called up to school for his 14-year-old daughter. She had missed her period. She had to reveal to him that she was having sex. He asked how old was the boy and she answered, 14. And he asked where they had been because he thought he was keeping track of her. She said they had been in his parents’ bedroom, in his parents’ bed.

He shook his head. Well, it turns out that she isn’t pregnant. And I said to him: “Man, here’s what you got to do: You need to tie up your camel.” I told him to call his wife and call a meeting with the boy’s parents. I said, stay calm, stay balanced and say you want to sit and talk about what could have happened.

The girl and boy have to stop before they become two more children in need of another program to save them. The girl has to understand that the next time a boy whispers in her ear, “I don’t want to put anything on because I want to feel,” she has to say, “Oh no, not me.” Tie up your camel. And, that’s what we have to do.

I know there are black people who don’t like what I’m saying. They say, “Bill Co*****y is too elitist. Bill Co*****y is too old and out of touch. He’s a millionaire. How does he know?" I didn't grow up with means. My mother was on what used to be called relief and I spent at least three Christmases with no Christmas tree and I wouldn’t let any of my friends in my house because they would see we had no presents. I had to go outside and lie and tell people about imaginary gifts and hope and pray no one was evil enough to say, months later, ‘OK man, where are all the toys you said you had?”

My critics were brought up with parents who spent time with them. Somebody spent time with them. That’s why they graduated from high school and college and graduate school. And for some reason they don’t want to see this happen for other people. They say, “Bill’s airing the dirty laundry.” Dirty Laundry? Your children aren’t dirty laundry, but they are going to jail. Let’s see what happens if we continue to keep quiet.

Everybody gives reasons for not doing things. Some say we don’t have leaders? Well, you don’t need a leader. People aren’t all of a sudden dumb or stupid. But they may feel depressed or powerless. If you continue to devalue this child of yours, then you are going to keep getting what you get. There won’t be change.

I’ve gone to about 50 different places since I’ve been going out and saying what I’m saying. The incident that’s made the most difference is not what I’ve said but that whole Don Imus situation with him calling the women of the Rutgers University basketball team “nappy-headed hos.”

After that, there was a clarity that came from white people who said, “So what do you expect from us? We didn’t make up these names. You call yourselves that.” Rev. Al Sharpton led some protests over disparaging lyrics. There have been demonstrations in front of the Black Entertainment Television network for those videos.

The other help that we need is from radio stations, the really popular ones that the kids flock to. They can play the music but they should also put on genuine educational spots that tell our kids that Africa is the birth place of algebra. Then they’d know learning is in their blood. It’s in their curly hair. That, as opposed to, “Well the old people don’t know what they’re talking about.” But the people doing the rapping on that music do? What does the corner or the gang teach you?

I haven’t heard one fellow yet say, “I went to medical school all because my gang members encouraged me to do so while we were breaking into the gas station.”

While some people don’t want to hear what I’m saying, others have said: Why don’t blacks listen to Bill Co*****y and not Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. But I say, don’t pit me against Jesse and Al because they speak the truth. The things that Jesse has come out for and he’s been against, these are things I’m talking about, too. Yes, there is such a thing as institutionalize racism.

But if people are marching against racism and bigotry and police brutality, then it makes no sense that we aren’t marching and rallying against our own young men who are shooting and killing one another and often innocent people in the process. It makes no sense that we don’t have the same anger about people who aren’t parenting or have totally abdicated their responsibilities for whatever reasons.

When you look at the number of African American children in foster care around the country and you look at the woe that has befallen the children, it breaks your heart. A lady said to me in Oakland, Ca., “Mr. Co*****y, you should see them when they get out of the van and they’re being transferred from one house to another and they have everything they own in the world in a black Hefty bag that they’re carrying. They look like refugees.” She said that you look at the children’s faces and there’s neither happiness nor anger. There’s nothing left.

If by age 18, you’ve been in over 20 homes, how do you trust anybody anymore? Our people need to feel these things and hear these things. They need to feel it like when you rip a Band-Aid off. We need to feel the sting. Otherwise, it becomes as ordinary as saying, “Pass the salt.”

My race, my people, has got to be able to respond in a better manner to the call of our children. We can respond. I know stories from the past of people treated so poorly because they were black and in spite of physical and mental torment, they reached back and made sure that their children would be in better shape to face the world. Come on people.

I talked to a young woman graduating from Spellman College in Atlanta who said her grandmother and mother both were teen mothers. But they were determined to not let that happen to another generation.

People don’t want their children shot. Parents want their children to succeed. They need road maps. How many more stories do we have to hear? I was in Springfield, Mass., when a woman told me about a young man who’d just gotten a basketball scholarship to Brandeis University. He went to a party and somebody killed him. We’ve got these same stories in Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Oakland. The same stories.

I’m just trying to tell people the bridge is out up ahead. We’re in danger. We can pray, but it’s time for us to do something more. We’ve got to tie up our camels. And, we’ve got to do it now.

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 徐娘半老 怪招不少
  • 過去抱著枕頭流淚, 現在獨坐酒吧買醉
  • 歲月裏的灩影在我心頭蕩漾
  • 接頭暗號
  • 使性子後的約定
  • 所有跟帖: 

小聲回一句~~金大爺怕是醒不來啦~~就算醒了~~他老人家也不來WXC~~;) -pt1000- 給 pt1000 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:10:48

那也未必了,關鍵是現在不讓 -火車呼呼- 給 火車呼呼 發送悄悄話 (14 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:19:19

你試過啦?~~~;) -Pt1000- 給 Pt1000 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:28:31

連你都注冊不了了?偶們就更完了~~ -^3.1415926^- 給 ^3.1415926^ 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:28:46

不醒更好, 醒來也一準氣得背過去氣去。 -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:37:07

同意,中國人作為少數民族,不能歧視黑人 -433832795028- 給 433832795028 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:24:49

樓上倆位蝦評 -planojw- 給 planojw 發送悄悄話 planojw 的博客首頁 (49 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:28:35

那幾代之後,他的後人若還是沒文化說話粗魯, 是不是還是說不得? -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:47:51

他的夢想很好呀, 是被壓迫階級的心聲。 但他的後輩非但沒有使他的夢想成真, -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (39 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 13:00:48

沒有詆毀,就不算歧視。 -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:34:21

因為金的夢想才有了平權法和選舉法, 這五十年過去了, 他的後輩做了什麽來榮耀他呢? -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:43:56

個別現象有很多因緣際會。我說的是族裔的自尊自律自愛。 -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:53:11

黑人族裔,謝謝! -來此一聚- 給 來此一聚 發送悄悄話 來此一聚 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 13:11:50

人家那是心裏白 -7.5- 給 7.5 發送悄悄話 7.5 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 12:57:13

我說08是心裏白,有說成功的都是白的? -7.5- 給 7.5 發送悄悄話 7.5 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 13:04:18

金大爺可惜了是一個黑人 -周啟生- 給 周啟生 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/18/2011 postreply 15:04:45

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”