ONE COMMENT FROM A VIEWER

來源: istory 2021-07-08 11:54:31 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1473 bytes)

I was introduced to this by my Gran. I was 10 years old and my Gran said she needed to go into the attic and could I foot the step ladder. I heard rumbling in the corner and she dragged this old dusty wooden box to the hatch. I had no idea what it was and between us managed to get it down without dropping it on us both. She went back up and got another box with a strap handle on it. We carried them both into the back bedroom and when she opened the lid on the strange looking box she told me it was a gramaphone and that the other contained records. She wound the handle and pulled out a record. Carefully placed and needle arm placed on edge of record it kicked into life. Two shutters at the front were opened for max volume and Handels Largo played. For the first time in my childhood I sat there on the edge of the bed and listened to this without muttering a word. The sound was like a bird being set free, a magical experience. My Gran died 20 years later of Dementia. When me and my wife got married a few years later we had this played as our entrance music. We married in the same village church as my Gran parents got married in and where they are buried. Thanks Gran for introducing me to this beautiful music and for the memories it gives me on my journey through life x

加跟帖:

• 標題:
  • 內容(可選項): [所見即所得|預覽模式] [HTML源代碼] [如何上傳圖片] [怎樣發視頻] [如何貼音樂]