永遠的月亮河

來源: greekepic 2012-09-26 19:02:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6895 bytes)

今天早上打開電腦,看見的頭條新聞,是美國老牌歌手,月亮河(Moon River)演唱者Andy Williams逝世的消息:

'Moon River' singer Andy Williams dies:

ST. LOUIS (AP) — With a string of gold albums, a hit TV series and the signature "Moon River," Andy Williams was a voice of the 1960s, although not the '60s we usually hear about.

Williams died Tuesday night at his home in Branson following a yearlong battle with the disease, his Los Angeles-based publicist, Paul Shefrin, said Wednesday. He was 84.

He became a major star the same year as Elvis Presley, 1956, with the Sinatra-like swing "Canadian Sunset," and for a time he was pushed into such Presley imitations as "Lips of Wine" and the No. 1 smash "Butterfly." But he mostly stuck to what he called his "natural style," and kept it up throughout his career. In 1970, when even Sinatra had given up and (temporarily) retired, Williamswas in the top 10 with the theme from "Love Story"  the Oscar-winning tearjerker. He had 18 gold records and three platinum, was nominated for five Grammy awards and hosted the Grammy ceremonies for several years.

Movie songs became a specialty, from "Love Story" and Days of Wine and Roses" to "Moon River." The longing Johnny Mercer-Henry Mancini ballad was his most famous song, even though he never released it as a single because his record company feared such lines as "my huckleberry friend" were too confusing and old-fashioned for teens. The song was first performed by Audrey Hepburn in the beloved 1961 film "Breakfast at Tiffany's," but Mancini thought "Moon River" ideal for Williams, who recorded it in "pretty much one take" and also sang it at the 1962 Academy Awards. Although "Moon River" was covered by countless artists and became a hit single for Jerry Butler, Williams made the song his personal brand. In fact, he insisted on it.

"When I hear anybody else sing it, it's all I can to do stop myself from shouting at the television screen, 'No! That's my song!'" Williams wrote in his 2009 memoir, titled, fittingly, "Moon River and Me."

20 年多前在國內讀書時,不知哪兒弄來一盤盒式磁帶,全是英語歌曲選。其中有幾首男聲演唱的歌:“Moon River”,”Love Story” ,“A Time For Us (Romeo & Juliet)” 不知聽了多少遍。記得當時有位女同學說,聽了他的歌,恨不能馬上嫁給他, 他的聲音實在太迷人了。當然,那時大家都不知道唱歌的這個他叫什麽名字,因為那盤盒式磁帶是翻錄的。

多年後,在美國,知道他叫Andy Williams。除了上麵提到的幾首歌,還唱過很多熟悉的電影歌曲和舞曲。相信很多中國人聽過他的歌,但不一定知道他的名字:

A Summer Place
Unchained Melody
Somewhere My Love
Speak Softly Love (The Godfather)
It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Andy Williams 晚年在Branson, Missouri 蓋了個命名為Moon River 的劇院。 他的晚年寫的自傳書名也是“Moon River and Me". 可見他對Moon River這首歌的厚愛。

如今, 歌神去了天堂,把月亮河永遠留在了人間。

R.I.P, My Huckleberry Friend!

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 此刻
  • 樹林裏的小木屋
  • 2012夏車遊 -美國東北部 (8/8)
  • 2012夏車遊 -美國東北部 (7/8)
  • 2012夏車遊 -美國東北部 (6/8)
  • 所有跟帖: 

如今, 歌神去了天堂,把月亮河永遠留在了人間。 -弓尒- 給 弓尒 發送悄悄話 弓尒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2012 postreply 19:29:27

月亮河這首歌本人喜歡得很。歌神Andy Williams應該回到人間繼續歌唱。 -bzonline123- 給 bzonline123 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2012 postreply 21:30:28

耶穌說了,凡是你們求的就會給。這就是大家喜聞樂見的嘛。所以歌會繼續唱,人也要回來。 -bzonline123- 給 bzonline123 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2012 postreply 22:20:00

“We're after that same rainbow's end, waiting round the bend ,,, -草微子- 給 草微子 發送悄悄話 草微子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2012 postreply 21:38:33

懷念歌神,歌聲永留人間~~~~ -小聲音- 給 小聲音 發送悄悄話 小聲音 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2012 postreply 21:50:24

一夜未睡,因為深刻思考在此炒作Andy Williams死訊的深層原因,發現 -bzonline123- 給 bzonline123 發送悄悄話 (2281 bytes) () 09/27/2012 postreply 06:46:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”