Angel's Voices for Christmas (FLAC)

來源: dick.richard 2010-12-24 06:56:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4767 bytes)

St Philips Boy's Choir - Angel Voices 3 (1997)
Christmas/Choral | EAC | FLAC+log+cue | full scans | MCCDX019 | 1CD | 320 MB

It is said that human voices are better music compared to any musical instruments, and this CD is the definite proof. With their heavenly voices, the St.Phillips Choir boys brings you to the land of serenity and offers you the peace of mind. This CD features 20 Christmas carols, some very popular, like White Christmas and The First Noel, but some seldom heard, like Saviour's Day and When a Child is Born. New song or not, the choir boys have added an innocent ambience to each song that absolutely touches the listener's heart. -- Arie

I suppose writing a review of an album that is already five years old and has been enjoyed by many is rather like writing a report on the sinking of the Titanic. However, having only just purchased this CD, I feel I must share my comments. The St Philips Boys Choir - better known these days as Libera - create a unique sound on all their records. Having already bought their 'Libera' and 'Luminosa' albums, I had a fair idea of what to expect from 'Angel Voices 3'. I wasn't disappointed. Their use of 'close-mike' vocals is extremely effective, particularly on those tracks where a younger boy takes the solo. Their version of 'Mary's Boy Child' will make the tears flow and 'White Christmas' - including the little-heard verse, incidentally - will evoke memories of every Christmas you have ever experienced. Under the direction and arrangement of Robert Prizeman, these boys really do know how to 'sell' a song and I guarantee that you, like me, will play the disc for hours on end. Each and every track is the definitive version of the song and the boys' voices blend well with the subtle synthesiser backing. For those Libera fans who are disappointed that their new album is not available before Christmas, buy this CD...it's more than an adequate replacement! -- Jeff Carter

Tracklist
1. Saviour's Day
2. Walking in the Air
3. In Dulci Jubilo
4. White Christmas
5. O Come, All Ye Faithful
6. Away in a Manger
7. God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
8. In the Bleak Midwinter
9. Mistletoe and Wine
10. O Little Town of Bethlehem
11. The Holly and the Ivy