happy new year everybody! ^^ 介紹, 連播曲目及CD下載 ==>

來源: 聖牛 2008-01-02 18:06:26 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4063 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 聖牛 ] 在 2008-01-03 21:15:16 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
Joshua Tree (Remastered / Expanded) (Deluxe Edition)

Written by A.L. Harper

U2 are one of those bands. The world class, best-of-the-best, influenced millions (either directly or indirectly), legend bands, and this didn’t happen overnight. U2’s progress up the mega-superstar, giving-your-hat-to-the-pope ladder began in 1980 with the release of their impressive debut album Boy.
It seemed clear right from the off that U2 were going to be somebody. But it was with their third album War that the U2 sound really solidified. Those powerfully emotive songs, The Edge’s (David Evans) rhythmic echo and signature delay and Bono’s hot-lava-over-bare-rock vocals, that could – and frequently did – kick the whole world in the balls.

However, what made them the legends that they are today was the combination of two things: one very important event in modern pop culture history and a certain album release. The first was Live Aid in the summer of 1985, and Bono’s legendary performance, which included him pulling a young woman from the crowd just before she was crushed to death. His table-thumping charitable exuberance when asking people to call in and donate was exceeded only by the king of charitable rock stars, Bob Geldof. Rolling off the back of their high profile participation in this world-changing event, less than two years later, they released their magnum opus The Joshua Tree, and launched themselves into that oh-so select circle of bands that will forever be a part of our collective consciousness.

The Joshua Tree was, for many, the music that would forever represent the '80s. I was 16 when it was released, and to me, it will always take me back to smoking cloves on street corners, protesting apartheid and aid to the Contras, and ing under the stars on warm summer nights, with the sounds of this seminal album blasting from the tinny car stereo. Released back when The Edge had hair and before Bono wore hats, The Joshua Tree really does represent their youth, my youth, many people’s youth, but does that mean it deserves its immortal renown? The answer to that question is, simply, yes.

The reason this album is still important is that it is truly fantastic. Even today, 20 years on, it’s still an amazing album. If it was released today would it stand out as it did then? No, but only because everyone and their dog have copied its sound and passion and substance. What was breakthrough 20 years ago is now commonplace thanks to U2 and that is precisely why it is so seminal, not just for U2 but for everyone. Some of U2’s biggest and most memorable hits came from The Joshua Tree including, “Where the Streets Have No Name”, “With or Without You”, and “I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For”.

And now U2 have kindly digitally re-mastered and expanded The Joshua Tree and re-released it in a two disc set, the original album and an expanded CD of demos and B-sides – The Joshua Tree was released at a time of phenomenal productivity for the band and there was a lot of unreleased material. In a beautiful box with a collector’s edition book, complete with lyrics and commentary by both The Edge and Bill Flanagan, it’s a fabulous gift for anyone who is a fan of U2 or just a casual listener.

The Joshua Tree proved to be both the band's making and eventual undoing. Never again would U2 reach the heights of their Joshua Tree days, and only released one album that came close to touching it in either popularity or artistic vision — Achtung Baby, released four years later. The Joshua Tree will no doubt stand for many years to come as a lasting testament to four fiery Irishmen with an overpowering social conscience and visionary musical talent.
Audio CD (November 20, 2007)
Original Release Date: November 20, 2007
Number of Discs: 2
Label: Island

試聽曲目:
1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
2. Where the Streets Have No Name
3. With or Without You

專輯下載:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l30v06
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件