Dvorak - Symphony No. 9 "From the New World"-4 MOVE

Dvorak - Symphony No. 9 "From the New World" - 4th movement

quotes from WIKI

"New World Symphony" redirects here; for the Miami-based orchestra, see New World Symphony Orchestra.
The Symphony No. 9, in E Minor "From the New World" (Op. 95), popularly known as the New World Symphony, was composed by Antonín Dvořák in 1893 during his visit to the United States from 1892 to 1895. It is by far his most popular symphony, and one of the most popular symphonies in the modern repertory.

Influences
Dvořák was interested in the native American music and African-American spirituals he heard in America. Upon his arrival in America, he stated:

"I am convinced that the future music of this country must be founded on what are called Negro melodies. These can be the foundation of a serious and original school of composition, to be developed in the United States. These beautiful and varied themes are the product of the soil. They are the folk songs of America and your composers must turn to them." [3]
The symphony's premiere was on December 16, 1893 by the New York Philharmonic at Carnegie Hall (which was the home of the Philharmonic until 1962), conducted by Anton Seidl. A day earlier, in an article published in the New York Herald on December 15, 1893, Dvořák further explained how Native American music had been an influence on this symphony:

"I have not actually used any of the [Native American] melodies. I have simply written original themes embodying the peculiarities of the Indian music, and, using these themes as subjects, have developed them with all the resources of modern rhythms, counterpoint, and orchestral color."
In the same article, Dvořák stated that he regarded the symphony's second movement as a "sketch or study for a later work, either a cantata or opera ... which will be based upon Longfellow's [The Song of] Hiawatha" (he never actually wrote such a piece). He also wrote that the third movement scherzo was "suggested by the scene at the feast in Hiawatha where the Indians dance".

Curiously enough, passages which modern ears perceive as the musical idiom of African-American spirituals may have been intended by Dvořák to evoke a Native American atmosphere. In 1893, a newspaper interview quoted Dvořák as saying "I found that the music of the negroes and of the Indians was practically identical", and that "the music of the two races bore a remarkable similarity to the music of Scotland".[citation needed] Most historians agree that Dvořák is referring to the pentatonic scale, which is typical of each of these musical traditions.[citation needed]

Despite all this, it is generally considered that, like other Dvořák pieces, the work has more in common with folk music of his native Bohemia than with that of the United States. Leonard Bernstein averred that the work was truly multinational in its foundations.[4] Nonetheless, many have proclaimed that the spirit of this symphony is quintessentially American, and the multiculturalism of the work has been cited as supporting this, in harmony with the nature of America as a melting pot.[citation needed]

所有跟帖: 

i love this composer,have u his 母親教我的一首歌... -heiger- 給 heiger 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2007 postreply 17:13:46

這有一個“夢之旅”演唱的《母親教我的一首歌》 -DooDoo- 給 DooDoo 發送悄悄話 (256 bytes) () 11/09/2007 postreply 19:19:33

超強! 謝謝! -睛點典經- 給 睛點典經 發送悄悄話 睛點典經 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2007 postreply 17:35:26

謝典典, 多多指點. -getrutte- 給 getrutte 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2007 postreply 18:22:20

很棒,我想沒有人聽不懂... -DooDoo- 給 DooDoo 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2007 postreply 19:21:15

眼一花,看成 我想沒人聽得懂 -皆因有緣- 給 皆因有緣 發送悄悄話 皆因有緣 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/10/2007 postreply 00:01:25

In Influencing. 謝謝分享. -water6- 給 water6 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2007 postreply 20:58:05

謝謝分享,太喜歡了! 和我的一鋼放一起天天聽。 -紙紙- 給 紙紙 發送悄悄話 紙紙 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/10/2007 postreply 03:44:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!