(z)第一位訪問過中國的美國鄉村歌曲歌手John Denver - Eagles and

來源: goodluck2U 2006-04-05 20:08:35 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2415 bytes)

約翰.丹佛1943年生於美國西南部的新墨西哥州,從小喜愛音樂,顯露出良好的音樂素質。8歲時祖母送他一把吉他,開始學習音樂。青年時代在大學攻讀建築設計專業,他與1971年放棄學業,一心從事鄉村歌曲的創作和演唱,當年即以演唱歌頌弗吉尼亞山區美麗風光的《故鄉的路》(Countryroad, Takemehome)一舉成名。 1979年1月鄧小平訪美時,曾在華盛頓肯尼迪文化中心舉行的文藝晚會上聆聽和約翰.丹佛的演唱。約翰.丹佛1980年曾到上海遊覽,有感於上海外灘的景色和都市氣息,回國後特地創作了一首歌曲《上海的微風》(ShanghaiBreezes),以表達他對上海的美好印象和對上海人民的友好感情。 1997年十月十二日,一架屬於歌手JohnDenver的小型飛機在加州外海失事墜毀,駕駛員當場喪生。由於沒有人確知JohnDenver當天的行蹤,而殘骸支離破碎,難以立即辨認死者身分,起先人們還希望出現...

Horses are creatures who worship the earth as they gallop on feet of ivory. Constrained by the wonder of dying and birth, t he horses still run, they are free. My body is merely the shell of my soul but the flesh must be given its due. Like a pony that carries its rider back home, like an old friend that's tried and been true. I had a vision of eagles and horses high on a ridge in a race with the wind. Going higher and higher and faster and faster, on eagles and horses, I'm flying again. Eagles inhabit the heavenly heights, they know neither limit nor bound. They're the guardian angels of darkness and light, they see all and hear every sound. My spirit will never be broken or caught for the soul is a free-flying thing. Like an eagle that needs neither comfort nor thought to rise up on glorious wings. I had a vision of eagles and horses high on a ridge in a race with the wind. My body is merely the shell of my soul, but the flesh must be given its due. Like a pony that carries its master back home, like an old friend that's tried and been true. My spirit will never be broken or caught for the soul is a free-flying thing. Like an eagle that needs neither comfort nor thought to rise up on glorious wings. I had a vision of eagles and horses high on a ridge in a race with the wind.

所有跟帖: 

補全名字:John Denver - Eagles and horses -goodluck2U- 給 goodluck2U 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/05/2006 postreply 20:13:37

精彩MV,xiexie -8341- 給 8341 發送悄悄話 8341 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/05/2006 postreply 20:14:41

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”