Help on medical bill and law for minor Child

來源: dadwater 2009-08-15 10:58:29 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1891 bytes)
My friend's 17-year old son was in university summer camp last month in DC and had a mild fever (under 100F) and sore throat. However, the camp teacher sent him to the Emergency room for caution and the doctor treated him without his parent's permit. During the time, his father called the ER and required to talk with the doctor for his son's illness. Yet the doctor refused to talk with him on the phone. His son was done a unnecessary CT for head trauma, which he didn't have, and the film result shows normal. He was infused with saline for dehydration, which he didn't have either since his blood sodium concentration was normal and the infusion caused his son’s elbow bruise for half month since the nurse pulled out the needle without pressing elbow first. His son was treated with Nasal decongestant for Nasal Congest, which he didn't have either (Actually the ER nurse told him his son had sinusitis, which is a chronic reoccurring sinus infection and his definitely didn't have). The father was called in only after his son will be discharged from the hospital and he refused to signed the financial support first. However, he finally signed all documents during discharge from ER for a mild “pharyngitis” after two administrators in the window told him it's the same whether he sign the forms or not and the medical bills will come to his house . He has reported the doctor treated his minor son without his consent to the hospital director and ER administrator. Now he received a medical bill in amount of ca $3000. Unfortunately, my friend has just switched to a new job and is in a “no medical insurance gap". By the way, my friend was a medical doctor in China.
What should my friend do to not pay the medical bill? To get a lawyer to sue the doctor for treating his minor son without his consent and for unnecessary medical CT exam and treatment?

所有跟帖: 

我不知道法律方麵的事, 不過.... -cat64- 給 cat64 發送悄悄話 cat64 的博客首頁 (457 bytes) () 08/15/2009 postreply 17:53:38

可能嗎? -xxhhwxc- 給 xxhhwxc 發送悄悄話 (90 bytes) () 08/15/2009 postreply 19:47:31

agree. 不可能. -gqc- 給 gqc 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/19/2009 postreply 12:02:43

回複:Help on medical bill and law for minor Child -dadwater- 給 dadwater 發送悄悄話 (421 bytes) () 08/16/2009 postreply 19:01:23

From what you said, the hospital has fault. Talk to a -N.- 給 N. 發送悄悄話 N. 的博客首頁 (58 bytes) () 08/17/2009 postreply 21:14:12

i don't think you have any case against the hospital. Any camps -gqc- 給 gqc 發送悄悄話 (274 bytes) () 08/19/2009 postreply 12:11:56

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”