I had similar experience, but

I had similar experience few weeks ago. I was driving on a left turn lane and then a lady came out from the parking lot and cross two lanes and hit me at the left turn lane. none of us get hurt, and i thought it was totally her bad. the policewomen came over and write a simple report. on the report, she just describe what had happened based on what we stated and on what she discovered. when she gave me the report, i ask her whose responsibility and she said "half and half." but actually, when i talked to one friend, and she said the police does not care about whose duty, he just record what happend and it would be the insurance role to decide who's duty. usually it is the insurance companies of both sides sit together and decide who's fault and how much (say 30% or 60%) duty that one side is involved. it is very interesting that if your car insurance company is a very big one and a very bullish one, you will have better chance to win the game. if your insurance company is a small one (usually you pay very small premium every month for such company) and you might be able to get what you want.

the most important thing to do after the accident is to report your insurance company. you need to tell them whose fault, and they will ask you about the police report. if it is not your fault, you should have your car repaired through the other side's insurance, even though your car is covered bumper to bumper. this is very important, if that other sides insurance company agrees to pay, their adjuster will come over to estimate your car loss.

It is very likely that your insurance company raise your premium because they are trying to foolish you. you need to call them right away to tell them that you are not responsible for the car accident and they will say "Oh, the system made mistake" and then they lower your premium again (remember the insurance companies are every cheaty).

so based on the information you gave here, i think you should have call your insurance company right after they raise the premium.
you should have the following things
A. the police report on the car accident
B. if that Hispanic ran on red light and hit your hu*****and, she should have got a ticket by the police when the police is writing the accident record.
C. you should have a report from your or her insurance company telling you the decision about who is resiponsible.

Now, i guess you might not call your insurance company about the accident, and the Hispanic called. and that is why your insurance company raise your premium.

I think you have a bad start, but if that Hispanic want you to pay the car repair or her hurt during the accident, it is not easy for her to do that. I guess she did not have proof of physicians to say that she got hurt during the accident. if it turned out your hu*****and lose the sue, (if you are in US) the insurance company will pay most of the amount except your hu*****and needs to pay a deduction which might be 10 percent or sth like that of the total.

Now, when someone have car accident, call police and do not admit the fault. report the insurance company and say it is totally not your fault. keep the all record that insurance company gave you about the accident. this is very important because if you do not do that, the other side will do that and you will lose better chance to get what you want.
Never trust Americans, Never trust Hispanic and Never trust Blacks.

所有跟帖: 

非常感謝你的信息。1 但是你說的那個 -謝謝樓上的。。。。- 給 謝謝樓上的。。。。 發送悄悄話 (354 bytes) () 07/19/2004 postreply 12:02:58

Thank you very much! -good~~~~~- 給 good~~~~~ 發送悄悄話 (50 bytes) () 07/19/2004 postreply 14:32:54

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!