Another divorce question

來源: Olive_garden 2009-06-03 08:20:57 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1189 bytes)
1) me and my hu*****and have been married over 10 years. The current house was bought by him before our marriage. (only his name on the deed). He is the only borrower on current mortgage. He refused to add my name on the deed.
2) We do not have joint account. we do have joint credit card. but he seldom uses it and I pay off the credit card after use.
3) Pension and investment accounts are under separate names
4) He has a son (adult, married) from his first marriage. We don't have children.
5) He is retired. I signd waiver for survival of his pension benefit. I am still working.
6) I do share household expenses, such as grocery, furniture and vacation.

Does it mean,
1) it will be a valid will, if he decides to give all his belongs, house, investment to any people after he passes away? I will be forced to leave the house and only take whatever savings I have made.
2) if we are divorced, I am only entitled to what's under my name, although we've been living together for over 10 years?
I am very sad to find out that I married someone, who had no intention of having a joint family. But that's the reality.
Your advice is much appreciated.

所有跟帖: 

單身老貓: would you be able to give me some advice -Olive_garden- 給 Olive_garden 發送悄悄話 (96 bytes) () 06/03/2009 postreply 12:27:52

To answer you question -CyberCat- 給 CyberCat 發送悄悄話 (657 bytes) () 06/03/2009 postreply 12:36:25

Thank you. I live in NJ. -Olive_garden- 給 Olive_garden 發送悄悄話 (95 bytes) () 06/03/2009 postreply 12:50:29

Regardless, equitable distribution is the principle -CyberCat- 給 CyberCat 發送悄悄話 (27 bytes) () 06/03/2009 postreply 13:18:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”