how to complain a lawyer?

來源: pear 2009-05-01 07:11:01 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2212 bytes)
First of all, sorry for not typing in Chinese. I'm extremely slow, it will take me ages to type one line!

I am in New Jersey, got a traffic ticket for "Failure to turn". Since I have legal plan, I thought why not hire an attorney to go to court with me, so I could get better deal. Well, I ended up paying $539 for a $89 ticket, but got no points. $256 ticket fine, since the attorney changed the plea from "Failure to turn" to "Unsafe driving" in order to deduct points, $250 over charge for points deduction, $33 court fee.

I felt that the attorney didn't do her job. I could have got the same or better result without her. This is my second offense. Last time I got my points deducted by paying $250 over charge, and ticket fee, I didn't have to change plea. I didn't have lawyer that time. I told my attorney about it. Her response was that there was no way I could walk away with no points if I didn't change my plea, or maybe that was my first offense ever. But for this case, that's best she could bargain for me. She told me that I could keep the original charge if I wanted to, but I would have to pay insurances increases, which would be $150 per point per year for 3 years.

After I came home and thought things over, I didn't like it at all. I would like to complain about her. Before I do that, I have some questions:
1. Is it true that I have to change plea in order to get points deducted if it's not the first ever offense?
2. Do you think if I went by myself, I could get better or at lease the same result? Since there were some special circumstances I could explain to the prosecutor to try to win some sympathy. I told the attorney those circumstances, but I don’t think she used it.
3. Should I complain or not? Maybe I should just put it behind and move forward. I know that this is pretty much a done deal now, but I want someone to know that she did not do her job, maybe just to vent my frustration. (I know.)

Also, how to make a complain properly? I tried to lookup some sites, all I found were for much more serious cases such as malpractices. BBB is not an option either, it's only for commerce.

Thanks much for advices.

所有跟帖: 

說句不好聽的話,這個案子輸了對你絕對隻有好處沒有壞處。 -點點兒- 給 點點兒 發送悄悄話 點點兒 的博客首頁 (91 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 08:16:48

go to your state bar website to file your compalint. -ne0987- 給 ne0987 發送悄悄話 (170 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 08:40:53

To a lawyer, $539 is nothing. -jin_yin_hua- 給 jin_yin_hua 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 09:27:26

Why did you hire a lawyer for a $89 ticket in the first place -xxhhwxc- 給 xxhhwxc 發送悄悄話 (109 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 09:51:13

She gets a lawyer for free from her plan. -jin_yin_hua- 給 jin_yin_hua 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 09:56:12

did u two even hv a contract? otherwise u get nothing, -gracelaqiu- 給 gracelaqiu 發送悄悄話 (104 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 10:21:18

Transfer to joke board -needwait..- 給 needwait.. 發送悄悄話 needwait.. 的博客首頁 (20 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 13:23:16

Grow up and have some common sense. -昭君出塞因地製宜- 給 昭君出塞因地製宜 發送悄悄話 昭君出塞因地製宜 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2009 postreply 16:29:24

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”