回複:應該聽取自己內心的召喚;沒有LLB照樣可讀LLM

來源: nadirTurtle 2009-01-12 14:20:10 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2037 bytes)
I would like address several of your concerns and clarify several points raised by other posters.

1. How high do you need score on the LSAT test to be accepted by an ABA-approved law school?

With your experiences, you are a very good diversifying factor to any law school. I would guess if you can score 150+, you will have a good chance to be admitted by a 3rd-tier law school. With a good personal statement, you might be admitted by some top schools too.

2. How hard is law school?

Not hard at all. But it is tedious and time-consuming. Nowadays it is very rare for an admitted students to drop out because of pure grades. Most dropped out because of non-academic reasons.

3. Job prospects?

With your age, it is very hard to get a big law job, which means you are not likely to get 100K+ salary. The truth is that even for some Chinese JDs in their 20s big law jobs are hard to get unless they are in the top of their class. Many JDs directly go back to China, either by necessity or by choice.

If you are open to go back to China to teach or to practice after graduation, job prospects are bright at this time.

4. Don't worry about your age.
It is not that unusual to see some JDs in their 40s, especially in some part-time programs.

If this is what you really want to do, and the urge is so strong, I would suggest that you do it. No matter what you do, you would be 3 or 4 years older in 3 or 4 years.

We human beings tend to regret more for something we did not do than we did.

5. Some pratical suggestions.

Take the LSAT first and apply. After submitting your applications, sit in some law school classes and get a feel of what law school is about.

Visit http://www.totoolaw.com. That is a site for Chinese JDs/LLM students.

It is your life and you are the best person to decide what to do. Don't be swayed by others' opinion.

You can always quit once you are in !

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”