fare evasion ticket for NJ Path

Sorry I cannot type Chinese on this computer. My friend and I went to the
city by NJ Path today. It just happened that I went through the handicap
turnstile with my monthly pass, but my friend thought I had paid for her as well, so she went in after me without actually paying. Then a cop, caucasian, jumped on her, and asked her to show ID. It just happened that she didn't carry any ID with her. The cop was interrogating her, asking if she had legal status (my firend doesn't speak English well), and threatening to put her in jail and etc. The only reason that she went on this trip was to help me with some errands, so I felt really bad, and told the cop that I would take full responsibility for the situation. The cop said, you paid your fare, so it's nothing to do with you. I just want her ID. But after learning that my friend really didn't carry any ID with her, he asked for my ID and my friend's personal information as well. He then issued 2 tickets for fare evasion, including one for me. I asked him why there is one for me as well. He said, you did let her walk through the turnstile without paying, so you are together. Then he added immediately, if you don't want to go to court, you can pay...

I feel the second ticket to me is not fair. I'm planning on pleaing not
guilty and go to court. For those who have experience with municipal court, could you please let me know how this municipal court works, and if I should bring a lawyer with me to the court appearance? My monthly pass will expire before the court date. How can I preserve the evidence that I actually paid the fare?

For my friend's ticket, should I just plea guilty directly and pay the fine for her?

Is there a place to complain about this cop who was interrogating my friend? When I told him my friend is a student, he said with a chuckle, isn't she too old to be a student? My friend is only in her 40s!

Please let me know if you can kindly give me some suggestions. You can send me private message as well. Thank you very much!

所有跟帖: 

If you really want to take care of your friend, -mdgg- 給 mdgg 發送悄悄話 mdgg 的博客首頁 (132 bytes) () 10/08/2008 postreply 09:17:50

You feel too much self entitlement -昭君出塞因地製宜- 給 昭君出塞因地製宜 發送悄悄話 昭君出塞因地製宜 的博客首頁 (642 bytes) () 10/08/2008 postreply 10:13:54

which kind of lawyer to hire for the municipal court? -Hudson123- 給 Hudson123 發送悄悄話 (319 bytes) () 10/08/2008 postreply 18:20:06

單身老貓, could you please help me take a look at this? Thank you ve -Hudson123- 給 Hudson123 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/08/2008 postreply 18:51:16

回複:單身老貓, could you please help me take a look at this? Thank you -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (354 bytes) () 10/09/2008 postreply 06:42:34

回複:單身老貓, could you please help me take a look at this? Thank you -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (354 bytes) () 10/09/2008 postreply 06:43:55

單身老貓, thank you so much, and 1 more question. -Hudson123- 給 Hudson123 發送悄悄話 (349 bytes) () 10/09/2008 postreply 09:00:48

It even does not have points in the driver lisense record -eyehalfopen- 給 eyehalfopen 發送悄悄話 eyehalfopen 的博客首頁 (482 bytes) () 10/09/2008 postreply 10:11:09

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!