At this point, let me tell the whole story!

I didn't want to bother telling too much at the beginning, but since you guys are so interested.

When I was dealing with this guy, another guy, who's from Canada (according to himself), was also trying to do the SAME thing to me. He said, if what you posted on the web is true, I'll initiate you a certified check right now. Then I gave his my address, and he actually sent me his check by FeDex (I retured the mail when it was delivered)! And then he asked me to wire some shipping money with west union.

How could you, two adults, fall in love with an 8-year old car that you simply looked at on a web without asking more? It's a Buick! It's not a BMW! I might get this luck once, but not for TWO at the same time!

Then to make sure I did the right thing, I searched on craigslist and found that the two cases matched almost any characteristics of a scam:

------------------
DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.

NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.

FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.

CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"

NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)

AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

4. distant person offers to send you a money order and then have you wire money:
this is ALWAYS a scam, in our experience - the cashier's check is FAKE
sometimes accompanies an offer of merchandise, sometimes not
scammer often asks for your name, address, etc for printing on the fake check
deal often seems too good to be true

------------------------------
So I remember from that moment: "Deals that seem too good to be ture" are indeed too good to be true!

所有跟帖: 

You should tell the second story. it is a scam. -jin_yin_hua- 給 jin_yin_hua 發送悄悄話 (132 bytes) () 09/05/2008 postreply 16:43:57

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!