That is different things

本文內容已被 [ siekeiel ] 在 2004-06-22 13:19:45 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: Do people having an affair witGreencardd2004-06-09 13:24:15

My understanding:

There is no law said hu*****and get GC, then wife must get GC. The law says a person can sponse the spouse on GC.

Even if they are married, whether the other side get the greencard is completely under the hand of the one who applies for the greencard. INS judges the marriage according to the subsance, not the form.

For example, one person is in China, then that person has great difficulty getting GC since INS suspect why they do not live together.

I am not sure about the impact of agreement on the divorce, but I am sure that the agreement is completely useless at controlling the guy to get her GC.

My suggestion:
1) Moves out immediately, do not live with her any more, the separate is the first step to divorce and is a proof of the intent to divorce.
2) Find a divorce lawyer, has the lawyer write a letter stating that they are separate and the divorce is under the way.
3) Write a letter to BCIS stating that they are separate and filed for divorce, he no longer sponsors his wife's immigration and enclose the lawyer's letter with it.
4) Call BCIS if necessary.

Her presentation of the agreement might cause some trouble to the divorce, but is completely useless to the Immigration officer.

Good Luck

所有跟帖: 

回複:That is different things -氣憤的旁觀者- 給 氣憤的旁觀者 發送悄悄話 (8 bytes) () 06/09/2004 postreply 14:14:53

回複:That is different things -完全讚成!!!- 給 完全讚成!!! 發送悄悄話 (57 bytes) () 06/09/2004 postreply 19:33:28

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!