What is more important?

來源: kkmem 2008-05-03 13:48:05 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1374 bytes)
Arguing away the ticket? Or learning a life lesson.

Most people I know will not feel good when caught by police for a speeding violation and would try to argue it away. I consider this normal human behavior.

However, considering the statement by the offender - using drugs, multiple violation in a school zone - I would think that there is a real lesson to be learned here. It is very hard to believe that the offender is not aware of the speed zone, especially since this is not her first offense within a relatively short period of time.

So, if she can argue away the ticket, she is lucky. If not, paying the fine is also the fair thing to do.

I'm sure we all understand that speed zones are there for a reason. Even if what she said is true, that the police is trying to make up for the budget deficit with these kinds of fines, it still does NOT make her behavior right or justifiable. We are not above the law. (If the laws turn out to be wrong, it is a different matter. However, that is not the case here.)

So woman, learn your lesson. Drive safely for you, your child, and everybody else. No one is out there trying to get to YOU. Surrender to reason, not your ego. Learn to be a responsible and accountable human being - perhaps you already are responsible at other moments in life, but certainly you could do better.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”