What is the best way to handle this?

來源: Americanchinese 2008-03-10 18:57:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1964 bytes)
It was a Friday afternoon, I drove out of my Apt parking lot, at the exit, I stopped, all of a sudden, the car in front of me backed up, I honked, the car stopped but still bumped on me.

We both moved aside, it was a yound lady driving with a guy (Whites) at the passenger seat. She came out and said "I can have a friend to fix it for you." I told her "I want your insurance information." She handed me a insurance card and her phone number, I wrote down her tag number. It was a very cold day, I was hurrying to somewhere too, it seemed to me only some damage to the bump, so I let her go.

Monday, I took the car to a dealer, damage was estimated at $1500 (they found some damage to the hood too). So I called her insurance company, the company told me "this car was no longer insured with us."

I called her phone number, her mom picked up the phone, she said "damn, she is only 18, she already had 3 accidents, let me find out what is going on."

Later on, I called the number again cause she did not call me back, her mom picked the phone again, this time she was very rude, "my daughter said you run into her." I said, "this is impossible, how come she gave me her information and did not ask for my information if I run into her." I told her I will call police, she replied "go ahead, damn it, I am a paralegal, if you go to the court, we have witness, you will lose."

So, I called the police, the police replied, "if it is on private property and the accident is over 24 hours, we not getting involved."

I live in a midwest state, liability insurance is mandated. So I checked the Insurance Commissioner's web site, the web site says, "You can report drivers without insurance, we will investigate, but we can not guarantee we will recover your loss for you."

Well, this was my story, post here to share with everyone and hope to see if someone has any ideas of how to better handle this?

所有跟帖: 

回複:What is the best way to handle this? -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (133 bytes) () 03/10/2008 postreply 21:08:17

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”