My comments

來源: 2L2 2004-05-20 09:14:09 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1719 bytes)
I would like to add a few general comments to this matter.

First, I don't think we should think of the matter in terms of lucky or unlucky. It is tempting to think that you are lucky to escape from legal penalty when you committed something that should be punished. But this is what law is about - if everyone can be "lucky," how do we protect others? How do we protect the child in this case? Remember, the child is not your personal property, the law in this case aims to protect the child, which means when you did something like this to a child, even to your OWN child, you will be punished.

Second, I don't see any facts suggesting anything wrong with the adjudication of the law in this case. Everyone can have different opinion on what the law should be. In this case, if you think the law does not make sense, you certainly can and should write to your legislator, or the media or any other means to express your opinion and change it. However, this is a question separate from how the law is applied in a case under the current law.

Third, I agree with one of the comments above about the justice. I don't see anything morally or legally wrong in a lawyer seeking after money. After all, this is their job and they work for money just like everyone else. It is true the justice in the real world could be costly, but what is not? In fact, many poor people in our country (China) would say not only justice, but life itelf is only for the rich. The system is not perfect, either in US or China, so what do we do? We can complain about the injustice or luckiness. OR, we can do something to change the system so that it will be more just, like many, including many lawyers, are doing.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”