Please help! Just sold my old car...

來源: 20070604 2007-12-22 08:08:00 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2003 bytes)
Just sold my 94 Camry to a local guy. My car is 13 years old, runs smoothly but has some minor mechanical issues, like power windows do not work... I listed Ad on a website for $1999 and finally a 60 years old local guy contacted us and said he wants to have a look the car.

He came and took the car to the dealer to check. Since he said he wants some privacy, we did not come with him. About a hour later, he and his wafe came back and said the car does have some problems here and there, they will discuss about it and give us an offer later. Two hours after they left, they called us and gave a cash offer at $1600. Even I think that was a pretty low offer, but we still accepted, because we need to relcoate soon. The next day afternoon, the guy came over and signed the title transfer and paid us cash. We thought the deal is done!

However, he still keeps calling us to ask questions about the car. A couple days ago, he called my hu*****and's cell phone and said, the transmission has oil leakage, He said we did not tell him before his bought the car, He told us that is a FRAUD. He said he will looking for a quote and we may have to pay for the repair.

I am very angry about the whole thing. $1600 is not a lot of money to buy a car, and he should set his expectation at the correct level about the car. Plus we listed everything we know about the car, he took the car to the dealer as well. I can reasonably assume that the dealer should tell him everything he needs to know about the condition of the car. After signed the title transfer, the car is his, he should take full responsible about it. Additionally, he took 400 dollars off my asking price, that means he alrealy considered the repair costs. The whole thing is a FAIR deal. Where is "Fraud" come from???

Can someone help me and let me know if there are any liabilities on my side on the whole thing? If we have to deal with him through the legal process, what we should do?

Really appreciate!

所有跟帖: 

No more 電話, No more解釋。 Used car sold as it is。。。 -doshare- 給 doshare 發送悄悄話 doshare 的博客首頁 (70 bytes) () 12/22/2007 postreply 11:55:42

不一定的 -philly88- 給 philly88 發送悄悄話 philly88 的博客首頁 (139 bytes) () 12/23/2007 postreply 12:26:54

回複:Please help! Just sold my old car... -WW1892- 給 WW1892 發送悄悄話 (494 bytes) () 12/25/2007 postreply 09:54:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”