“家有獅子狗”女士的出庭報告

本文內容已被 [ Lyon ] 在 2007-10-10 12:45:37 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

前些日子,狐狸俺在此壇發表了本人隨同朋友的出庭相關情況(狐狸出庭記),隨後招至了廣泛的討論,當時有位筆名叫“家有獅子狗”的女士報告了她遇車禍的詳細經過,並希望大家給予她一些應對出庭的建議。日前,她已經出庭完畢,並獲得了滿意的結果,現根據她給本人送來的一些信息,整理發表,希望能給大家一些啟迪和幫助。

一、出庭前的準備

1、找出了當年考駕照時路考(road test)滿分(100)的成績單。

2、將自己的車子受損處拍照存檔備用。

3、將車禍時自己女兒的受傷處拍照存檔備用。

4、根據當天車禍的情況寫下了詳盡的“事故經過報告”,主要內容包括事故發生地點、經過和損失、與責任分析等,特別難能可貴“家有獅子狗”女士還重建了事故發生的現場(詳見附件,隻可惜重建現場圖沒有插入),大家看看是不是有點李大偵探,狐狸在此讚一個。

二、出庭時的申辯

1、出庭那天,“家有獅子狗”女士準時出現在法庭,並隨身攜帶了出庭前準備好的若幹材料。這些準備給法官看的材料都被裝訂成冊,並附上一些照片,以作支持她的證據。為了支持她出庭,她丈夫還特意從工作單位趕回家看孩子。當天出庭者約有70~80人之多,但亞裔隻有她一人,加之沒有人陪同,她說真有點風瀟瀟兮易水寒的感覺!

2、開始過堂後,法官大人先念警察關於事故的報告,隨後隻問違規者一個問題,即認不認罪。如果當庭認罪就交罰款,或去蹲監獄;不認者,他或她的case就會自動轉到另一個時間處理,即再去fighting ticket。

3、輪到“家有獅子狗”女士的時候,她說她當時既不全認罪,也不否認自己的錯,結果法官大人問她,那你到底來幹嗎?她回報法官大人說:“我是來向您解釋一下車禍的詳細經過,我認為錯並不全在我”。可是當庭法官大小並不買帳,並執意要她回答yes or no,即認還是不認罪?“家有獅子狗”女士說,聽法官大人這麽講,她當時反而來了膽量,隨手就將準備好的材料遞到法官麵前,請他一定要看看。當庭法官隨手翻了翻她捧上的那5-6頁材料,就將材料又推了回來,並讓手下的一個小兵(注:法庭工作人員)將她帶下去協調。

4、在協調處,“家有獅子狗”女士詳細的解釋了當天事故的經過,還給法庭工作人員看了她當年考駕照時得100分的證明,並用略帶委屈的表情說她一直開車是非常非常小心的,即便出事那天也是非常小心的。事實上,這次事故完全是被他人誤道的結果,雲雲。

5、協調法官聽完她的陳述後,就將所有材料都copy留了底,然後將她的定罪由moving violation改為break violation,並將罰款額度降低了$40,且還沒有記點。

6、最後由該協調官親自陪她再次法庭,該協調官還主動替她去給法官解釋他為何改變了處罰的理由。主審法官聽完協調法官的報告後,問她對修改後的處罰有無不同意見和認不認罪,心中高興的她馬上頻頻點頭示意。

至此,整個出庭過程圓滿結束!堵在胸口多日的車禍陰影也隨之煙消雲散,現在她又過上很快樂的生活。

出庭後的感想

1、出庭前要精心準備,包括心理準備和材料準備等。

2、出庭時要椐理力爭(如果真是自己受了委屈),以最大地維護自己的利益。

3、類似於此的小case無需請律師。

附件(由“家有獅子狗”女士親手準備)

Deion of Accident

1. Location: intersection of thurstin and E marry road
2. Time: around 9:20am on September 13
3. Deion of accident
1) At the Intersection of Thurstin and E marry Road before Accident

(Your browser may not support display of this image.)

(1) I did have a full stop on E Marry road before the stop sign more than one minute, and wanted to turn right (to thurstin av.); Least 2 cars were behind me.
(2) My daughter (13 months old)’ knee was bleeding because she fell down when we played on BGSU campus that morning.
(3) Incoming car gave turn right signal and planed to turn on E Merry road, and her speed is 25 mph (limitation of that road is 35 mph).

Because I did not want to block the other traffic and I was hurry to look for a bandage for my daughter, her wrong signal and low speed (those information made me think she was ready to make a right turn) misled me.

THEN I decided to start my car when that car was about 60 feet away the intersection. My speed was only 3-4 mph.

2) Accident happened

(1) Incoming car did not turn right on the E Merry Road. She suddenly went straight on Thurstin ave.
(2) Obviously she saw me before she got the intersection, because she tried to pass me on my left (Her car was on the yellow line when accident happened). Actually she had enough distant to stop her car.
(3) I did not notice she changed her mind to go straight, so I still moved my car to Thurstin ave.
(4) When I found her car, it was too late to stop totally. Two cars scratched then stopped.

3) Results from Accident

(1) Just some paint was scratched both that car and my car. (pictures)
(2) No any person injured in this accident.

4) Some explains

(1) I always drive very carefully, so I have good driving record (no accident record, 100 score on driving test as shown in sheet).

(2) In this accident, the wrong signal let me made a wrong decision.

(3) In order to avoid accident, I tried my best to stop my car. So that was only a scratch, not a big bump, between two cars.

5) Responsibility

I admit I have some responsibility for this accident.

This is the first accident in my life. I hope it is also the last one. And I will drive more carefully in the future.

We are low income family, so the fine of this ticket is really too much to us.

According to my statement, could you please give me a chance to reduce my guilty (cancel this ticket and my point)? I will very appreciate if you do so. Thank you very much!

Sincerely yours,

家有獅子狗

09/22/2007

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for feedback -wxc2008- 給 wxc2008 發送悄悄話 wxc2008 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/11/2007 postreply 18:58:19

Thanks for sharing. It is very helpful.what means"Deion of Accid -chike- 給 chike 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 14:36:43

"Deion of Accid =Deion of Accident,轉帖時出了問題,對不起! -lyon- 給 lyon 發送悄悄話 lyon 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 16:49:44

回複:"Deion of Accid =事故描述(英文轉帖老出問題)歉意! -lyon- 給 lyon 發送悄悄話 lyon 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 16:50:34

Thanks! That is great! -chike- 給 chike 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2007 postreply 20:28:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!