Help: renter did not pay utility, which under their name, do i n

來源: xiaofengjiayuan 2007-06-01 18:41:50 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1821 bytes)
I rented out my previous house through 8/2005 - 11/2005. I canceled the service with the water/sewer company when i moved out. the renter called in and activated the service under their name. But the renter never paid rent and moved out (thanks god, they move out even they trashed my house). I received first notice from Dept of Public Work for Dupage County, IL on 5/2006 asking me to pay for $125.60 for the period the renter lived in. the letter said that according to their standard policy, the legal owner of property shall pay for the service. I have following questions:

1. DO i need to pay even the service was not under my name. I checked phone company, cable company, they all said i do not need to pay (it is obvious that the renter did not pay any bill for the period lived in my house).
2. If it is legal owner’s responsibility to pay for the water and sewer service when the renter does not pay for the service, should the company keep the me informed when the renter did not pay for the service. their standard policy quoted following, they should take actions 45 days after not receiving the payment, but they informed me half year after the renter moved out.
.....Whenever a bill for use of County Water Supply and Distribution or Wastewater service remain unpaid for 45 days after it has been rendered, the Director may file with the County Recorder of Deeds a statement of Lien claim.........
3. I do not want to pay for this, now they filed my file to County Attorney office. i heard that unpaid utility will affect my credit. i am planning to move to a new place and buy a new house, i do not want see this happening.
Thanks in advance for any advice and help. BTW, the property is in Naperville, IL. Does anyone know where i can get renting policy in IL.

A poor Lendlord.

所有跟帖: 

回複:Help: renter did not pay utility, which under their name, do -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (273 bytes) () 06/01/2007 postreply 21:10:27

回複:Help: renter did not pay utility, which under their name, do -wxc2008- 給 wxc2008 發送悄悄話 (1567 bytes) () 06/01/2007 postreply 23:04:32

depends, pay it if municipal (city own), they can file lien -jy101- 給 jy101 發送悄悄話 (82 bytes) () 06/02/2007 postreply 05:22:20

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”