回複:請教:電力公司發現多收了近萬度的電費,偷偷把電表換了,我該怎麽辦?

來源: gardener61 2007-05-24 16:49:34 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1373 bytes)
First of all, take a deep breath and cool down...

I happen to have some experience in the utility and power distribution industry so may be able to offer some advice.

Is your original meter an electro-mechanic meter? Did you see a spinning wheel? If so, yes. Many residential electro-mechanical meters only has 4 dials. The maximum power consumption it can show is 9999. In your case, it looks like you just experienced a meter roll-over event. In this case, the total cumulative consumption on this meter is 12555 even though it shows only 2555. The utility company does not charge you based on the total cumulative consumption, they charge you based on the net consumption (this month's reading - last month's reading). So they have only charged you for 12499 - 9300 = 3199 kWh usage for six month. The average usage is about 500 kWh per month, which is a little high, but not totally unreasonable. My friend in Houston told me their utility bill is around $400 per month in the summer...

I heard that Centerpoint is working to deploy Itron smart meters. If your meter is one of those Itron meters, the utility company can read your meter remote through a wireless base station or a mobile unit on a truck. No meter read will actually go to your house to physically read the meter.

So I don't think you need to over-react on this...

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:請教:電力公司發現多收了近萬度的電費,偷偷把電表換了,我該怎麽辦? -gardener61- 給 gardener61 發送悄悄話 (617 bytes) () 05/24/2007 postreply 17:00:13

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”