STP,老貓or諸位大俠: Debt Settlement with Collector ...

Is "full release" from the debt collector a valid document to clear my liabilities? Do I need to demand a letter from the creditor instead?

Here's the detail:

I've been dealing with a debt collector on a debt dispute and recently I made a settlement offer. Here's the collector's reply:

"... As you are aware, we represent AAAA in their subrogation efforts on the above referenced claim. ... We contacted our client and they have agreed to accept the amount offered of $XXXX.XX as settlement in full on this claim, providing that your money is received in our office by xx/xx/2007. Once the funds are received by the deadline and verified, we will issue you a full release from BBBB(the name of debt collector), attorneys for AAAA. ..."

My concern is that this letter comes from the debt collector BBBB rather than the creditor AAAA.
Please advise. Thanks very much.

所有跟帖: 

回複:STP,老貓or諸位大俠: Debt Settlement with Collector ... -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (126 bytes) () 04/11/2007 postreply 16:23:11

回複:回複:STP,老貓or諸位大俠: Debt Settlement with Collector . -jlin- 給 jlin 發送悄悄話 (14 bytes) () 04/11/2007 postreply 16:25:36

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!