Going to the court

I went to my company’s cafeteria for lunch on Thursday, 4/1/04 from 12:05-12:25pm and parked next to a co-worker’s (S) car on the right side. She and another lady (P, her witness) happened to take lunch break outside of the building and saw me. Yesterday, i.e. 4/5/04, S called me in the morning and claimed that I hit her car on Thursday. According to her, my car’s left front hit her car’s left front (she back parked her car). I did not feel anything when I left the cafeteria and my car does not have any damage – not even a single scratch. There is a crack on the left front side of her bumper, which is about 3 inches long and ¼ to ½ inch wide. Our company’s security camera did not record anything because the position of the cars was outside of the view. S insisted that I hit her car, so I talked to P, her witness, who is also my co-worker. But P said she did NOT see me hit the car. That day, they stood about 15-20 meters away and only saw me parked there and saw me left. Then at 12:30pm, the two finished lunch and went back to work. S did not check her car right away – she found out the damage much later but refused to tell me when she found out the damage. Anything could have happened in between, and unfortunately, I was the only person she saw and could think of. So 4 days later, she showed me her car and asked me to pay for the damage. I refused to accept liability but called my insurance company and described the details to them.

I am waiting for the insurance company to investigate. S still insists that I was responsible for the damage of her car. She said she would take it to the court if she does not get paid. I am not afraid of that and have decided to see her at the court – if that is where we end. I should not admit something I did not do, plus she does not have any evidence other than that I parked next to her.

If anybody had similar situation or court experience before, please let me know and I appreciate your help.

所有跟帖: 

Nobody knows anything? -nymonkey- 給 nymonkey 發送悄悄話 (138 bytes) () 04/07/2004 postreply 06:11:58

go to court -usagi- 給 usagi 發送悄悄話 (352 bytes) () 04/07/2004 postreply 10:32:17

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!