回複:印第安納大學無故開除中國學生!!!!!求助。

來源: Apple0811 2006-11-19 00:48:55 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2127 bytes)
I have similar situation as you when I were studying.

I started working as an RA and my supervisor promised me looking for funds. However, he didn't realized his promise. I worked for him for 3 years without any support and without allowing me take courses that are beneficial to my future. Even once he almost kicked me out because another Chinese student said she could do the same as I did by the information I provided to her; He pushed me to produce more research result but I refused to do it.

Finally, I found it was wasting time and energy working with him. I started looking for chances in another University. Now, my supervisor is guiding me studying other than using me as a free labor with no respect; now I am able to find a research position by the courses I took in my current University.

It is very hard studying in a foreign country. A lot of Chinese students are used a cheaper labor or free labors because we don't know how to fight. I go to University to sue my supervisor. Although, I didn't win but it gave the arrogant white Professor a lession that we Chinese are not cheap labor, we come to North America to long for knowledeg, to get respect and to have freedom and right as they do.

I know how stress it is with no support. I get help from my landlord who is a phychologist and some friends.

I will give you some advice by my experience:
1) Question yourself: what is your purpose to study for PHD?
2) Set your condition: what kind of support will you accept to support your PHD
3) Have you received the support you want?
4) If not, and there is no hope you are able to get from your university, you had better find another University which satisfy your needs
5) There is student organiztion to support student in this situation, or go to obusman to get support
6) Find Chinese student organization to get support
7) Report your situation to Dean
8) Find a lawyer
9) Applying other Universities
10) Go to Church to get help

I wish my experience will be helpful to you. You should be strong and find support.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”