Legal advices needed: My car was towed away while shopping

I visited south San Diego, CA, not long ago, shopped at a small town named San Ysidro, which is at the US-Mexico border. I spent more than four hours at a factory outlet. When I returned to parking lot, I found my car was disappeared.

Finally I find my car on the lot of a towing company. The ticket on my windshield listed two reasons: 1. Violation of signs (The signs at the parking lot: No Parking for Border Crossing Purposes, No Overnight Parking). 2. Seen on Video Leaving property (2 hours limit).

That is a big lie. I neither cross the boarder to visit Mexico, nor left the shopping lot for more than two hours. I only left the lot to the visitor center, which is on another block, and returned back in ten minutes. Their video saw my leaving, but did not watch my return. I have solid evidences of my continuous shopping there. From 11:30 AM to 3:40 PM, I have 30 receipts from the same lot. The biggest time gap between receipts is about twenty minutes. No one can leave the lot to Mexico and come back within two hours, except a flying bird. So, the security guy towed my car illegally.

Now, I have such options:

1. Call the security office, ask them to pay me back the taxi fare, towing cost and time wasted;
2. Report to BBB;
3. Sue the security guy.

I decide to fight for my rights. The third choice is my favorite. Do I need hire an attorney? Is there any lawyer in San Jose, California, or nearby area, who will collect his/her fee only after winning the case? How much compensation can I ask?

Law professionals, please give your suggestions. Thank you very much.

所有跟帖: 

回複:Legal advices needed: My car was towed away while shopping -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (23 bytes) () 06/12/2006 postreply 11:48:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!