I applied medical for my son but almost got into trouble

來源: 69241 2006-01-11 20:10:40 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1186 bytes)
When my son first came here I was still a student and couldn't afford health insurance for him. Then the school sent home a flyer about medical for children with low income. Our friends also told us they had got it when they had their baby here in US so it should be ok. So I went to the social service department and asked them first if it was ok for me to apply for it on F1 student visa. They said fine and gave me forms. Then some time later another dept called me saying my status could be expunged because my friends signed affadavit for me when I came so I shouldn't apply for public aid. I said I asked the workers they said fine. So anyway later they came and let me withdraw my application and they even asked me how I was going to get insurance for my son. They knew I couldn't afford it but they still wanted to show they care even though they wouldn't give him it. later I learned in Ca it was ok before 1996 but not any more so my friends were able to get them but I couldn't. So ask the WIC and be sure to get the right info. I know it is even ok for illegal immigrants to apply for WIC at their early pregnancy but students might be different. Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝分享. 特別是911後好多事情都說不清. -stp- 給 stp 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2006 postreply 22:41:13

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”