請幫忙:COSTCO車被撞

來源: pinenut 2005-12-29 11:20:45 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2297 bytes)
下麵是我前幾天貼的. 現在對方說不是她的錯, 理由是開後車廂需兩隻手,Shopping cart失去控製不是她的錯(negligence), 而我應該找COSTCO尋找賠償因為事故發生在COSTCO停車場而且是那的SHOPPPING CART.  剛剛COSTCO打了電話來,說COSTCO不應該承擔責任,因為他們隻是提供SHOPPING CART服務給顧客,顧客有義務照顧好CART.所以現在變成兩家此皮.

請問懂法律的朋友,該向誰要賠償損失?如果上SMALL CLAIM COURT,即使贏了,是不是也可能拿不到賠償,因為法庭不負責COLLECT DAMAGE?

謝謝各位的幫助!!

===============December 23, 2005==========================================
This evening (around 7:30PM) I had an accident on the CostCo parking lot in CA. I was about to start my car (my car was not moving) when I heard a big bang. When I came out of my car, I saw a shopping cart full of groceries just hit my rear bumper area, leaving three dents and some groceries spilled on the ground. Somehow a white woman (in her 40-50) and her teenage girl did not hold on their cart and the cart just slided onto my car (the ground is a bit slopy). Judging from the distance between their car and mine, the cart must have traveled about 30 yards.

So I confronted the woman and she agreed to leave her first name and phone number but nothing else (I asked for her insurance but she refused. Later on a cop said that her car was not involved thus her insurance was not relevant).

I just filed a claim with my insurance (Progressive). But I kinda regret it, as I worry that my insurane premium will increase next year. Can anyone tell me what is the best solution to resolve this?

After the cop's suggestion, I would like to withdraw my claim and then try to collect any damage from the woman (her id can be found in her costco membership card and a report was also filed with the Costco liability dept). A last resort will be to go to a small claim court.

So a second question is, even if I can have my claim withdrawn (I already had a claim number assigned to me), will this still in my record and affect my future premium?

If it is still in my record, can I collect my payment from the woman and then file a claim with the company?

Many thanks for you all. Happy holidays!

所有跟帖: 

回複:請幫忙:COSTCO車被撞 -11061- 給 11061 發送悄悄話 (185 bytes) () 12/29/2005 postreply 13:04:31

It's still her negligence -兩個軲轆- 給 兩個軲轆 發送悄悄話 (87 bytes) () 12/29/2005 postreply 14:50:33

從理論上講,兩個都能告.關鍵是誰能擠出更多的錢. -天道大神- 給 天道大神 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2005 postreply 18:26:11

costco -howcome- 給 howcome 發送悄悄話 (383 bytes) () 12/30/2005 postreply 10:18:42

yes you can -兩個軲轆- 給 兩個軲轆 發送悄悄話 (143 bytes) () 12/30/2005 postreply 14:00:34

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”