car accident

來源: caracciden 2004-02-11 18:49:04 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2283 bytes)
My wife with my daughter had a car accident. I don't know what to do right now. Any help is greatly appreciated!

It happended in a shopping center. It is a 4-way stop intersection. My wife was heading from East to West. She stopped at the stop sign and saw no car at the North stop sign. However, after moved more than 1/2 way into the intersection, the other car (heading from North to South) struck the passenger side of my wife's car at the place between front tire and front door (detail diagram is attached at.
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4188366660&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid103%2Fp48ca083eb9d11b91a5926fb9fdaf1ea4%2Ff9a56744.jpg&caption=car

It is obvious that my wife drove much further into the intersection. However, there's no witness available. The only guy, who called 911, worked at a store nearby heard the big bang and saw two car stopped there. He wrote a statement for us that "in my opinion yellowish car (the other car) ran stop sign at a good speed with damage done to white car". However, the policeman disqualified his statement by saying the guy did not see the accident. Police gave nobody ticket. My wife's car is undriveable, but the other car (honda) had little damage (it may be understandable because it is honda's front hit the passenger side of Nissan sentra, a smaller car).
I believe that honda did not stop otherwise it wouldn't have much force to damage our car at such level (the estimate cost for repair is about $4,000) and pushed my wife's car toward Southwest. I mentioned all above information to the policeman. However, he says even if I got a witness, he wouldn't change report. He asked me to go to insurance company.

We contact the other insurance company and they intend to follow police's report, which shows no fault of the other car. The other car's operator, who was about 60 years old, did not make a claim to our insurance co. My firend says because we only have libility insurance, our insurance company may not help us to go for the other side. Although someone recommended to find an attorney, but other says that we wouldn't get much because the major part will be taken away by attorney.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

所有跟帖: 

Don't worry too much. -_attorney_- 給 _attorney_ 發送悄悄話 (329 bytes) () 02/11/2004 postreply 20:10:07

回複Don't worry too much-THANKS! -caracciden- 給 caracciden 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/12/2004 postreply 07:05:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”