回複:夜驚魂,HOUSE 被車撞,請單身老貓和大家幫忙,在線等

來源: 68156 2005-11-20 11:37:40 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (996 bytes)
Seems to me a civil suit is inevitable. Regardless of what is going to happen, you need to get somebody to fix the house for your own safety. You can then decide going to small claims court if the damage is less than $5000 or general jurisdiction court. The liability you can sue is called "trespass to land", which is the intentionally enter the land that belongs to another. Here, you can argue that he intended the driving, and the driving resulted in a damage in your house.

I don't know if a normal auto-insurance covers real property. My understanding an auto-insurance only covers driver/passenger and tangible property in the car. On the other hand, negligence per se might be a good choice to sue. Here, the state driving code definitely lists drunk-driving as one of the misdemeanor offenses. The only problem under negligence per se is that you have to persuade the judge/jury to believe that the driving code covers damage of the house, which, I seriously doubt.

所有跟帖: 

回複:Could you please explain this sentence? I cant catch it.Th -謝過了- 給 謝過了 發送悄悄話 謝過了 的博客首頁 (328 bytes) () 11/20/2005 postreply 13:05:06

回複:回複:Could you please explain this sentence? I cant catch -68156- 給 68156 發送悄悄話 (1273 bytes) () 11/20/2005 postreply 13:43:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”