You can even negotiate it

來源: liliah 2005-10-12 13:24:39 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (975 bytes)
回答: 難題!NEED HELP!!!DL888888882005-10-10 22:57:43
by yourself. Two years ago, my son had a simple procedure(which was not covered by our insurance) at a local hospital, although the doctor estimated the cost should be around $700, the final bill was over $1400. The doctor told me to negotiate with the hospital to reduce it to half of the bill. I called them, at first they agreed to reduce by 20% (all of the representatives are authorized to offer this much discount), I refused. Then they reduced by 30%, I still refused. I told them according to my online research, if this procedure was covered by the insurance, they could only get about $300 from the insurance company and I am only willing to pay twice as much, they agreed. If they chose to go through a credit agent to collect their money, they will get much less than what I am paying them.

The bottom line is,according to my doctor, hospitals charge individuals much more than they charge insurance company. They expect you to fight it. Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

醫院都很黑,還是請專業人士對付他們的好 -他們給我20%折扣- 給 他們給我20%折扣 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/12/2005 postreply 14:35:25

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”