好心提醒你幾點

I udnerstand completely how upset you are - this is a very messed up situation. But I don't know if you thought about these points - since you are talking about sueing her:

1. Who owns this computer? If it is owned by your school or company, legally they own any files stored on this computer, even those private ones. Since she is a permitted shared user of this computer, she legally has access to all files on this computer - EXCEPT what I talk about in below points.

2. You said you need ID to log in to this computer. But you need to know that any files stored on the hard drive (not a network drive where only you have access to, such as a U drive which is typically set up as different instances for different users, and others don't see 'your portion' of the U drive), and not under your user profile folders (for XP machine), CAN be accessed by anyone who logs into this computer. And in this case, those files are considered public legally and anyone who logged into the computer through a legal way can do anything to those files.

3. The ONLY situation that you may have a case against her either legally or based on school/company policy, is that the files are stored in a 'private' network drive or hard drive folder that other than the correct ID owner, others have to hack in somehow to access them. By saying 'private', I mean the situations I mentioned in No.2 above. If she somehow hacked into your folders, or stole your ID to log in to delete your files, she is at least breaking school/company rules, and possibly breaking laws.

If the computer is owned by your school/company, you need to contact the department in charge of user access/security first about this.

Any questions?

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!