回複:回複:不是人人能中彩的,not me.

來源: Scoopydoo 2005-04-24 12:25:51 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1087 bytes)
回答: 不是人人能中彩的,not me.無言羨慕2005-04-23 23:13:17
I think it depends on her current immigration status. If she is on conditional greencard, she still can get the condition removed under hardship wiver (see INA sec. 216) even if she and her hu*****and terminate their marriage, as long as she can prove their marriage is in good faith.

Her case is complicated in the sense that she doesn't know whether her initial greencard application has been approved at this stage. If it is not approved and her hu*****and timely files petition to cancel his petition, she will be in big trouble. The other obstacle she must overcome is that applying for waiver requires the joint petition (to remove the conditional residence) to be timele filed. In her case, it is unlikely her h*****and will do her a favor. THus she must prove that the failure to file the joint petition is due to good cause. Of course she has a tough case, but with an immigration attorney's help, I will not say she has no hope.

I know nothing about the three-year rule as you mentioned in your post. Could you please provide me the corresponding statute? Thanks a lot!

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:回複:不是人人能中彩的,not me. -bigbelly- 給 bigbelly 發送悄悄話 (209 bytes) () 04/24/2005 postreply 20:55:16

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”