Help needed on tax problem!!!

來源: cofelix 2005-04-12 18:23:57 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (981 bytes)
Anyone can answer this situation for me?

I have been full time doing stock day trading at home since the second half of last year in 2004, but the trading account is under my wife`s name, the trading account is a taxable individual investment account. I trade over 50 trades each day, and may buy and sell same stocks on same day. My wife(Green card holder) has a full time employment job, We would like to report tax jointly for 2004,

The question is: In this situation, Can I qualify for a stock trader (tax status) if the trading account is not under my name? Can we report the capital gain/loss using the form 4797 if we select the "Mark to Market" and claim some trading expenses such as computer depreciation and books.

I visited an IRS local officer today, but she can't answer this and told me that someone from IRS would call me to answer that in next few days. I hope I can figure out this before Apr. 15. Thank you for any help in advance!

所有跟帖: 

回複:Help needed on tax problem!!! -rongcat- 給 rongcat 發送悄悄話 (217 bytes) () 04/13/2005 postreply 17:40:15

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”