來源: 863211 2017-12-29 15:55:53 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4225 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 863211 ] 在 2017-12-29 16:42:24 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

尊敬的老貓律師和有經驗的網友 (申請  Advnaced Parole/Reentry Permit 的網友),大家好! 

我代表我的妹妹谘詢一個關於 Advanced Parole/ Get a Reentry Permit 的問題。這兩個術語, 我不知哪個 是符合我妹妹的情況。  事情是這樣的: 

我的妹妹( 綠卡持有者) 兩年前返回中國, 照顧年邁的父母, 哪知道她在中國把腳關節骨頭給摔斷了, 在中國做了大手術並接著康複, 手術出了感染的意外, 結果這兩年的時間反複進出醫院, 時間都用在治病上了, 妹妹昨天來電話說她的主治醫生建議她在2018 年的一月上旬再做一個手術,取出鋼板和鋼釘, 問題來了: 她目前準備著按原定的計劃返回美國(綠卡持有者在境外最多滯留兩年, 她已經訂好了一月底 返回美國的機票), 必須要在2月4 號以前返回美國。 由於這次突然安排的手術,  妹妹希望在這次手術後減少長途飛行, 手術後,能夠在成都呆到三月份再回到美國, 請問她這種情況: 我妹妹是應該申請 Reentry Permi Date's Extension( 她目前的 Advanced Parole 要求她在2 月4 日之前返回美國)  or  a new Advanced Parole? 我妹妹目前人在成都。 
-She needs to come back to US to apply for reentry permit (not advance parole) if she plans to stay in China for > one year < two year. Reentry permit is for green card holders, and advance parole is for a non-immigrant who has pending I-485 (applicant for adjustment of status). Reentry permit normally is valid up to 2 years, and advance parole is valid for one year. Applicants for either one of them have to be physically in US to file I-131.

我( 本人在美國中部) 剛剛在美國移民局的網站看了看, 由於她人在美國境外( 四川成都), 好像她這種情況, 可以請家人代替她申請 ?
-No. She has to come back to US to file I-131, and she can leave US after conducting biometrics, not need to wait for application approval.  Then, you can receive it for her and mail it to her, or she can request USCIS to send it to the US Embassy/Consulate in China (address the request in I-131), then she can pick it up in the US Consulate in China.  She can request expedited processing for biometrics appointment for reentry permit application, and thus she can get the appointment notice in 10 to 14 days. Read this website for expedited processing for biometrics appointment:
http://www.familytousa.com/family-to-usa/2012/1/14/requesting-expedited-biometrics-appointment-for-re-entry-per.html

If she cannot come back to US before her current reentry permit expires (not advance parole as you said), her green card will be invalid (if she has been China for > one year continuously). But she can apply for SB-1 visa in the US Consulate in Guangzhou to reinstate her green card because her illness prevents her to come back to US in time. She needs to keep all of the evidences about her illness and treatments, such as the doctor's diagnosis, hospital bills, etc. if she plans to apply for SB-1 visa.

用medical condition 的原因? 妹妹的先生( 美國公民)目前在波士頓, 是否應該讓他去波士頓的相關部門谘詢一下呢? 他這個月底是計劃飛回成都接我妹妹回美國的。結果又出了這麽一個新情況( 妹妹需要一周後動骨科手術的情況)。

我不太明白法律的語言, 可能這個帖子中有的術語用得不精確, 我希望自己把這個情況給大家描述明白了。 謝謝大家 for any potential suggestions/ pointing us to the right way  .

順祝大家新年安康 !

所有跟帖: 

八律師,謝謝您詳盡而專業的回複( 見內) -蘇梅- 給 蘇梅 發送悄悄話 (823 bytes) () 12/29/2017 postreply 16:32:34

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”