Question on property trespassing

來源: Windyff 2013-03-11 19:49:55 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3569 bytes)

Last Friday after the snow storm, I was shoveling snow on my driveway with my kids. Two guys drove their snow mobiles on my front street and asked me whether they could trespass my yard (using the other side of my house). I told them in firm "No". Then he asked me if the yard (covered with snow) belongs to my property. I said yes. They talked with each other for 10 seconds. The other guy suddenly drove his snow mobile onto my yard and quickly came across. I shouted at him to tell him to stop. The guy did not listen. I went inside my house immediately and called 911, told police one person trespassed my yard without my permission. As I finished the call, I noticed the other guy tried to cross my yard as well but was stuck in a brook on the other side my property line (the first guy managed through it).

The police came slowly after about 15 minutes (so my pals, don't quite rely too much on police but mostly better prepare on your own), by that time the second guy already left the scene. I described the situation and told him that my kids were playing sometimes on the snow and the two guys’ behavior already put my kids' lives in danger. He said he would try to find the guys and told them to stay out of my property. Then he left without any feedback, as I expected. I can think they are living in the neighborhood. But since they were wearing helmet, I could not see their face. The second day, I drove around and identify their house just couple of blocks away (no other houses have snow mobiles in the neighborhood).

My question is: what would be the most appropriate way to defend your family off these rude people? Should I keep asking the police if they found the guys or provide police their address? The community I am living is pretty a quiet town in Massachusetts, above average level education schools (not excellent), and 95% people here are friendly to each other. My concern is if they feel not just tiny little punishment, most chances they would either repeat badly, even want more in the future. I decided to get some fence separating my yard, but I think I need to prepare for the worst.

Thanks for spending time reading through the long story and sorry I am not able to type Chinese.

所有跟帖: 

What if 單身老貓 asks you to pass your yard ? -xiaoxiao2013- 給 xiaoxiao2013 發送悄悄話 (77 bytes) () 03/11/2013 postreply 20:30:07

Good Point ! -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/12/2013 postreply 10:53:32

a fence or a gun -用戶名被占用了- 給 用戶名被占用了 發送悄悄話 用戶名被占用了 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/12/2013 postreply 03:56:09

The purpose to follow up: -廢話多多- 給 廢話多多 發送悄悄話 廢話多多 的博客首頁 (1197 bytes) () 03/12/2013 postreply 05:09:14

非常好的建議,容老貓"狗尾續貂",補充一點 -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (167 bytes) () 03/12/2013 postreply 05:53:59

回複:The purpose to follow up: -MarkMyQuestion- 給 MarkMyQuestion 發送悄悄話 (453 bytes) () 03/12/2013 postreply 18:53:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”