Will a Red Light Camera Ticket Affect My Driving Record? 這篇和老貓說的

來源: 美妙人生 2013-01-11 23:41:28 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3216 bytes)

不過不知道是不是各個州有不同政策?有人知道嗎?

http://www.carlsonmeissner.com/practice-areas/criminal-defense-lawyers/criminal-defense-faq/will-a-red-light-camera-ticket-affect-my-driving-record.aspx

Will a Red Light Camera Ticket Affect My Driving Record?

It’s all the rage. We see it in the news; we see it on TV, heck, even our neighbor probably got one. And now, you’ve got a Red Light Camera ticket and you don’t know what to do. Before you stress out, let me explain how it works. Red Light Camera tickets are different than other tickets. The way it began is that we had many traffic deaths in our cities and counties and highways and national studies were done and where entrepreneur met problem, the Red Light Camera ticket was born. Here’s how it works. Cameras are placed surrounding an intersection. If you go through that intersection and you run a red light, or take a right on a red light passed a certain speed, a photograph will be taken of your license plate. That license plate in the photograph taken in that video will be sent to the local police department. There, they have an officer that reviews all the video tape and if you meet the criteria, you will be mailed a Red Light Camera ticket, but if you do, don’t sweat. There are 3 things to understand about Red Light Camera tickets. First and foremost, a Red Light Camera ticket is different than other traffic infractions. When we think of traffic infractions, we think of speeding tickets, running a red light, failure to stay in a single lane, but a Red Light Camera ticket is more like a parking ticket. Number two, a Red Light Camera ticket does not count as points on your driving record. Typically, let’s say you get a speeding ticket that will count as 4 points on your driving record. A moving violation is 3 points. If you accumulate 12 points within 12 months, your license will be suspended for 30 days; 24 points in 24 months, or 36 points in 36 months, you’re not driving for awhile. With Red Light Camera tickets, if you pay the ticket within the prescribed time, will not result in points assessed against your driving record. So, you’re driving record is not in peril of a suspension. The third thing to remember is Red Light Camera tickets are not transmitted to your auto insurance company. If you pay a lot in insurance like I do, you are very concerned with your rates. One of the things that causes your rates to go up is points on your ergo, if there are no points on your insurance company doesn’t find out about the ticket. So, if you pay the ticket, your insurance rates don’t go up, and there are no points assessed against your record. So if you get a Red Light Camera ticket, relax. There are no points, the insurance company doesn’t find out about it, and you can go on in your life while still maintaining a safe driving record, if you had one before. Hopefully this will help you if you, or someone you know, gets a Red Light Camera ticket.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”