red light ticket

來源: bluey 2012-04-04 18:38:47 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3576 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ bluey ] 在 2012-04-04 21:17:42 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

實戰版奧 -

The people of the state of C vs. B, is dismissed. Reason: No recall by officer.

Minutes after entering the court room, a police officer announced that all the red light violations (people) come to his little corner in plaintiff’s side. 3 people did and each been showed the video that captured the moment of red light crossing. At my turn, I told the officer I don't need to see the video because I don't dispute the red light violation, because I am not the person who was driving the vehicle.

He showed me the video anyway. Then he asked: who was the driver if it wasn't you? I said: I have no idea, I am only sure it was not me. He pressed on: isn't a family member? Or a relative? I said: I don't know, really. He said: then you'll have to prove it to the judge that you were not the driver (who crossed the red light). I said sure and went back to sit in the defendants' side.

A court clerk was introducing court rules while I was talking to the police officer. Now, she is checking on people's presence by calling names. The court session is going to start.  Just then, the police officer came to me and led me out of the court room to the hallway. He said: well, after seeing you in person, I am convinced that you are not the one who was driving the vehicle. So your case is dismissed. Actually, he continued: should you come to police department after you got the ticket and you know it wasn't you, the situation could been clarified and your coming to the court could been avoid. I thanked him and went back to the court room.

The court session started as a judge (with full face of beard) appear to bench and very one swear in. I was called to the front to hear the judge announce that my case was dismissed. I thanked the judge, stayed in the room for another 20 minutes to get the document paper. And, off cause, I went home relieved and gladly.

On my way home, I told the police officer in my mind: Sir, I did not want to go to police department to tell that the ticket was sent to a wrong person. I did not want to give you a chance to match the picture to a person in my household then to issue another ticket. Yahoo!

所有跟帖: 

whoever on that car's registration has to pay? -hello2002- 給 hello2002 發送悄悄話 (53 bytes) () 04/05/2012 postreply 10:51:25

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”