Thanks a lot, 單身老貓.

Your response very helpful.

Due to my speed is 19 Miles more than allowed, It is not easy for me to setup a case to verify the police speed meter is not accurate. Two years ago, after reviewing my case, my lawyer said that my feasible excuse is that I have not any traffic violation record so far and the Judge might buy it.

But now, things seem not going as my lawyer expected.

I do not want to go to Jury Trail.

Are there other options in addition to the following two options:

1. (if I can cancel the pretrial hearing) cancel pretrial hearing and 變更 my plea,選擇認罪並且接受這個罰金.

2. 參加 pretrial hearing 時變更 my plea,選擇認罪並且接受這個罰金 (pay additional $500 court fee for this option).

Thank you so much.

=========================================================
PS: My lawyer letter to court and a notice from the court

A letter sent by my lawyer to the Court

May, 2008

Judge
Justice of peace

RE: State of Texas vs. My client; Cause : Speeding (Exceed Prima Facie Limit) – 74 MPH/55 MPH; In the Justice Court.

Dear Judge:

Please be advised that I represent my client in the above reference matter. On the behalf of my client, I respectfully enter a plea of “Not Guilty” and request a trial by jury.

Please notify my office of any court settings in this matter.

Very truly yours,

My Lawyer signature

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice from Justice of Pease Dated: June 10, 2010

Your presence is required in this court on July 21, 2010 at 3:30 pm for the purpose of attending a Pre-Trial Hearing related to Docket number , a matter now pending before this court, in a case styled:

The State of Texas

Vs.

You

Balance due: $500.00 cash,

Your Truly

Clerk of the Court

CC: County Attorney
CC: Your Attorney

所有跟帖: 

回複:Thanks a lot, 單身老貓. -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (110 bytes) () 06/14/2010 postreply 07:16:20

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!