女兒又長大啦。。。。

本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-03-20 07:00:11 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

My daughter had her eighth birthday party last Sunday at our house.

As you all know, birthday party ideas are in short supply. When she was little, we almost exclusively relied on places such as Pump It Up. However, as she is getting older, places like that have started to lose appeal. And that's when it's becoming challenging...

Fortunately, it was easy breezy this year, since my daughter had a clear idea - Happy Birds. Happy Birds is a parrot show that comes to your designated location for parties and events. One of her friends had them over at her birthday party, and my daughter really enjoyed the show.

She has long started making her own guest list for her birthday parties, and this time there was no exception. All the invited guests were girls :-). No boys were invited except for Daddy and Brother or if they would come with their invited siblings..

I bought a few simple items from Party City as decorations - three hanging paper flower in sorted colors, a blue table cloth, blue/white napkins, and two centerpieces. Blue is my daughter's favorite color, hence the blue color theme..

Here my daughter was working on pulling the paper flower into shape on Sunday morning to prepare for the party..It was hard work!

How they looked hanging above the dining table...The blue would pick up the color from the table cloth, and the lime green and pink added variety to the setting.

Here is how the table setting looked..

A close-up with plates/drinks ready to go.. This really captures the calm before the storm :-).

Lunch was served at 12 noon..

The Happy Birds then arrived at around 12:45pm. While the hu*****and was setting up the stage in our back yard, the wife started getting the kids warmed up in the living room..

As usual, my son made sure he got what he wanted :-). The birthday girl had the privilege to have close encounters with the birds before the show. But my son also talked his way into having a turn with the bird! The bird would also give you a kiss if you say "kiss" to him..

The show started at the backyard...

There were 5 birds 4 of which are in the picture below..

Each bird has its own set of tricks..All of them are amazing, and I especially liked the green one above. She really talks! and sings! She sang "Rock A Birdie" for the kids.. She was still talking and singing all by herself after her show and while perched on the stand :-). If you have your eyes closed, it was as if a person were making those sounds and you would not know it was a bird. Pretty amazing!

This bird was picking a flower, and she "handed" it to my daughter afterwards..

This blue bird is an expert skate boarder..

As the birthday girl, my daughter got to be the special helper...and so was the birthday girl's brother :-). Here the blue bird was about to use his beak to open the can of soda my daughter was holding..

My daughter and her brother prepared the little bucket the white bird was pulling up..

At the conclusion of the backyard performance, one of the birds moved indoor, and each kid got a turn with the bird..

It was a 45 minute show. The kids all loved it very much..

After they left, it was cake time...My daughter has been very much into Pokemon, which should explain the design of the cake..

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

You are welcome to visit my blog at http://blog.wenxuecity.com/myindex/58070/

所有跟帖: 

^_^^_^^_^。。。。。。^_^。。 -子英- 給 子英 發送悄悄話 子英 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/20/2012 postreply 08:11:25

幸福的家庭。 -mewu- 給 mewu 發送悄悄話 mewu 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/20/2012 postreply 09:03:51

幸福! -東又西- 給 東又西 發送悄悄話 東又西 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/20/2012 postreply 12:07:47

Thanks. Their childhood are so much different from ours... -Gardenia_on_the_Bay- 給 Gardenia_on_the_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_on_the_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/20/2012 postreply 13:00:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!