My son was diagnosed as Asperger’s Syndrome when he was 11 years

來源: youcaima1996 2012-02-13 18:33:39 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5195 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ youcaima1996 ] 在 2012-02-13 18:35:09 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I cannot type Chinese at the moment.

My son was diagnosed as Asperger’s Syndrome when he was 11 years old. He’s now 15 years old.

I knew he’s a different boy comparing to others since he’s just few months old. He is intelligent but lacks of social skills. Without the knowledge of Autism, I did not figure out what’s wrong with him until we migrated to Australia when he’s 10 years old.

After he was diagnosed, I tried to learn about Asperger’s Syndrome by reading about 20 books. I also took him to the Speech Therapy for a year. I learned a lot from the Speech Therapy on how to deal with him and guide him.

He made huge progress over the four years.  

Below is a letter my son You Cai recently wrote to a young boy (a real boy) who has AS. The boy's mum does not know how to explain to him about AS. So You Cai's special support teacher asked You Cai for help. I really like this letter. When I read that You Cai suggested the boy to hug his mum, I was touched with tears.   

Dear _________________

Hi, I’m an anonymous person who understands the situation you are in. If you feel like you are not fitting in with the rest of the world and you feel weird, don’t worry, as you have a condition called Asperger’s Syndrome.  

This means that you are more special, as only one in one hundred people have this condition and this is a good thing.  This condition gives you a different way of thinking from normal people, and will then help you solve problems that normal people cannot solve.

If your friends mock you because of the condition, just remind them that the Microsoft computers that they own and play are invented by a fellow person with AS, Bill Gates, and that also one of the greatest scientists in history, Albert Einstein also had this condition.

I am writing this letter to you because you have a good mum who cares very much for you to send you to see a doctor or a speech therapist. She is worried about you mi*****ehaving and not fitting in with most other kids, so be sure to thank your mum and give her a hug.

All I would like to say to you is that you don’t have to feel ashamed to have AS and best of luck to you on the rest of your life.

所有跟帖: 

兒子的信寫得很好!祝福你的兒子,他有這麽大的進步你這個做媽媽的一定付出了很多心力~~ -如意愛吉祥- 給 如意愛吉祥 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2012 postreply 18:47:25

寫的真好,幸福的媽媽 -mamamu- 給 mamamu 發送悄悄話 mamamu 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2012 postreply 19:48:56

Touching, Best of luck to all kids with AS and their families! -快樂就好運- 給 快樂就好運 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 00:18:35

感動! -mewu- 給 mewu 發送悄悄話 mewu 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 04:02:49

第一次看貼感動!掉眼淚了!祝福!!! -xuzeng- 給 xuzeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 05:54:05

你兒子心態很好,他還懂得鼓勵他人。 -莉莉百合- 給 莉莉百合 發送悄悄話 莉莉百合 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 07:30:56

你有一個非常優秀、懂事的好兒子,你的付出有了回報!你也是個好媽媽! -yaya2007- 給 yaya2007 發送悄悄話 yaya2007 的博客首頁 (163 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 10:57:01

感動啊,油菜?嗬嗬 -戒指娘- 給 戒指娘 發送悄悄話 (11 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 11:10:36

回複:My son was diagnosed as Asperger’s Syndrome when he was 11 ye -xls22- 給 xls22 發送悄悄話 (64 bytes) () 02/14/2012 postreply 13:52:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”