Back to Beijing

My last two weeks were spend in Beijing and my hometown for an int'l conference and annual leave.

Beijing is still a super dynamic city, becoming more and impressive and attractive. Actually, every time when I went back to China, I was always lost in the 'new' cities full of renovated roads and massive buildings. This is sort of dissapointing, isn't it?

Beijing, same for the other cities including my hometown in China, are not the old city we had lived in. So,when you get back there, you will find,

1) The history is being disposed of quickly. All the old things we are faimilar with are already missing.

2) What have gone is not only the old streets, but also the traditional culture of us.

3) More of the people are becoming aggressive for money, whislt care less about how to get money. Once getting money, you will be admired and respected. So the people are alwasy rushing, rushing on the streets, rushing in the supermarkets, and rushing in resturants as well. Everything is thus messed up, disordered, and not well organised.

Sometimes you will become very excited for the industrilisation of the city, and even a little bit jealous for the achivements of the friends. In this sense, my friends always wondered why I prefer to stay overseas rather than going back to China. They say, come on, man, here are so much to do and so much golden for us to grab, who not do it?

Honestly, it is very hard to say no for the potential big offer, although I always doubt how far the good news for the development of China can go. Particularly I am wondering how healthy our R&D in science and technology are.

Moreover, thinking about the horrible administrative system, one might end up hesitating and even halting up.

Back to Beijing, but everything is already new and strange.

Little of my memory can be tracked down.

This is the most dissapointing thing in my last trip.

Back to Beijing, I honestly figure out

how deeply I missed my wife and son in Australia.

They are my all.

所有跟帖: 

Well said! Be self-esteem is the only way for oversea -華灜- 給 華灜 發送悄悄話 華灜 的博客首頁 (58 bytes) () 08/16/2010 postreply 16:29:24

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!