What's ur job title?

Just for your reference:

I was told by some people that applicants with job titles like "postdoc" would likely have big troubles to get their EB1a petitions approved at NSC because this Center has been extremely picky. They simply don't think it makes sense for a postdoc to go through EB1a.

For your case, if you have recently changed your title to a senior one, update it with NSC! If not, the best way to go is to try to obtain some new recommendation letters from "big men" in the federal labs and in the academic institutions. Some strong letters from outside of USA such as from Europe will definitely be helpful to you to illustrate your international impact on your field. Also, as commended by other friends, it is critical important to make sure that the writing of your petition letter is linguistically and logically sound. So, to reprepare a convincing cover letter might be another help for your case.

BTW, I was lucky to get both my I140-EB1a and I140-NIW approved at NSC on the same day (5/2/05), and I485 approved 3 days later (5/5/05). All the cases were concurrently filed in late April 2004, done by myself. No RFE.

When I submitted the above-mentioned immigration petitions, I was working at a university with a title of Research Associate, which can be regarded by the USCIS as a formal job instead of a training position. Finally, I moved in a national lab early this year.

Good luck, man!

所有跟帖: 

回複:What's ur job title? -NSC0503- 給 NSC0503 發送悄悄話 (310 bytes) () 06/24/2005 postreply 13:08:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!