steps in Consular Processing

來源: googled 2005-06-01 20:00:56 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1504 bytes)
回答: they will mail her a noticeaskingHer2005-06-01 19:40:43
485 is for people already in the US only. Cosular processing needs form 824.

This is the case for someone already in the US, for the person abroad, the steps could be a little different.
-------------
What are the steps in Consular Processing and estimated processing times?

The USCIS (the new name for what was once known as the INS) forwards the approved immigrant petition (the I-797 Notice of Action) to the National Visa Center (NVC) if the alien indicated his desire to apply for consular processing. Otherwise, he/she has to file a Form I-824 to request consular processing; (4-6 weeks)

The NVC sends an information and forms packet (Packet 3) to the alien when an immigrant visa number becomes available; (2-3 weeks assuming the immigrant visa number has become available)

The Alien and his family complete the Packet 3 and return it to the NVC; (2 weeks)

The NVC processes the Packet 3; (4-6 weeks)

The NVC notifies the State Department Visa Office of the completed Packet 3 processing and requests allocation of visa numbers for the alien and his family; and (10 days)

The NVC schedules an immigrant visa processing appointment for the alien and his family at the U.S. consulate which issues immigrant visa. (8-10 weeks) The alien must attend the appointment at the U.S. consulate abroad.

http://www.hooyou.com/consularprocess/procedures.html

I am not endorsing that website, just one site that came up in google.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”