請問八老師 I-864 questions

來源: BZ2019 2020-09-27 22:43:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3078 bytes)

多謝八老師 長期以來的幫助.

Here is background information about me. My old son (petitioner, thereafter) is sponsoring me and his mom at the same time with one application package. The petitioner is single, no dependent. 
Both my wife and I are working in the US with TN status, but we live in different states with my son, so we do not live together. My wife and I live together with our younger son (teenager, also US citizen).

1. When the petitioner fills out I-864, does he need to worry about my younger son (US citizen) and count him as part of household size? The younger son is a US citizen, he does not need to "immigrate" to the US. The peititoner should not mention my younger son in I-864?

2. I-864 form, Part 5, item 6 (on page 4): "If you have sponsored any other persons on Form I 864 or Form I 864 EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here." 
The petitioner never sponsors anyone before, should enter "0"?

3. I-864 form, Part 5, item 8 (on page 4)
When the petitioner prepares I-864 for me, the household size is "2" because "1" in item# 1 and "1" in item#2 in THIS affidavit. It looks like he only sponsors one person from my I-864. But In the separate filing package, he also fills out the I-864 form for his mom, and the household size also "2" in part 5, item#8. Did that entry above right or wrong? 

If right, when USCIS evaluates the petitioner's financial eligibility, the household size 2 or 3 to be used? The fact is the petitioner is sponsoring 2 persons at the same time, i.e., dad and mom, but in each I-864 form, the household only shows "2." Confused.

3. I-864 Part 6, item 7 (on page 4): "My current individual annual income is"
The annual income is from W2s in 2019, or the estimated income based  on 2020 employment since 2020 not over yet and the annual number  cannot be exact until the last day of 2020. 

4. I-864 part 7, item 1 on page 5: "Enter the balance of all savings and checking accounts."
This is the balance as of date signing I-864 or the average balance over the time since opening the account?

5. If submitting Tax Transcripts, W2 and tax return will not be submitted at all?. 

6. To obtain tax transcript, the transcript downloaded from IRS website is acceptable or must request in writing to IRS?

7. I may need to ask my friend (married) to be a joint sponsor. If the sponsor jointly filed tax return last year, the adjusted income in tax transcript is for the sponsor only or for both sponsor and his spouse? How to tell/split which part is from sponsor and which is from sponsor's spouse?

Many thanks. 

所有跟帖: 

Reply -863211- 給 863211 發送悄悄話 863211 的博客首頁 (4582 bytes) () 09/28/2020 postreply 19:57:37

加跟帖:

• 標題:
  • 內容(可選項): [所見即所得|預覽模式] [HTML源代碼] [如何上傳圖片] [怎樣發視頻] [如何貼音樂]