來源: 863211 2017-07-28 17:39:40 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1942 bytes)
回答: 請問8老師請幫忙2017-07-28 16:18:15

8老師,

上次問道關於用新護照出境然後拿新I-94的事。

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/immigration/605610.html

但是今天剛剛失去工作,是H1B的簽證。公司給了30天的UNPAID LEAVE(就是8月份是UNPAID LEAVE), 然後說H1B有60天的Grace period.

現在需要著手找工作,有幾個問題請問一下:

1. 我可不可以在拿到新護照大概2周後, 在UNPAID LEAVE期間馬上出境一次拿到新的I-94?
-It is extremely risky because technically you have been out of status from the day you lost your job. I does not suggest you to travel. If you leave US, probably will not be allowed to enter US using the H-1 visa. Your I-94 still has several months to go, so just find a job as soon as possible. If you cannot fine the job within the grace period of 60 days, you need to file change of status application within the grace period (e.g. B-2 or  F-1).

2. 我在UNPAID LEAVE 後,9月份是開始GRACE PERIOD, 我要如何申請GRACE PERIOD?向USCIS申請嗎?
-Your grace period starts from the date you were laid off. Your employer will report it to USCIS and ask USCIS to cancel the H-1 petition. When you find a job and do H-1 transfer, you will be asked to provide the paycheck stubs of your latest 3 months. So, if you cannot provide the paycheck stub of August, then USCIS will also know your laid off was in July. The unpaid leave seems not work in this case. Of course, if you cannot find a job before your current I-94 expires after the grace period, it still be good because you can go to China to get the H-1 visa to come back to work for the new employer.

謝謝

所有跟帖: 

謝謝8老師這麽快的回複。 -請幫忙- 給 請幫忙 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2017 postreply 19:02:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標