回複:PD current, child aged out

來源: 863211 2014-03-17 17:08:11 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3149 bytes)
回答: PD current, child aged outb&k 2014-03-17 16:01:27

PD current了,但孩子21歲過了十幾天(減去I140處理時間後),不能同我們一起綠了。有幾個問題問專家:
1. 就過了十幾天,有沒有特例還是能批?
-No. No exception in this case, so don't waste your money for the child to file I-485..

2. 如果我們拿到綠卡後,馬上給孩子辦I130移民申請,孩子能用我的original PD(根據CSPA)嗎?
-Yes. But you had better find a immigration law to help you to claim your I-140 PD as your I-130 FB-2(b) PD. The following is copied from this website for your information:
http://www.hooyou.com/ageout/childemp.htm

Retention of Priority Date

If the age of an alien is determined under the above calculation to be 21 years or older, the alien's petition shall automatically be converted to the appropriate family-based immigration preference category (most likely, Family based Immigration under FB-2(b)) and the alien shall retain the original priority date issued upon receipt of the original petition. [CSPA 3 (h)(3)]

Example:

The Labor Certification application that was submitted on John's behalf on January 1, 2010 was later approved on December 1, 2010. Afterwards, his employer submits an I-140 (EB-2) immigration petition on John's behalf on January 1, 2012. At that time, John's son, Junior, is 20 years and 7 months old. John's I-140 petition was pending for six months and was approved on July 1, 2012, when Junior is 21 years 7 months. The visa number for the EB-2 becomes available for John on July 1, 2013. Under the CSPA, Junior’s age is fixed as of the date that the I-140 was filed. Because John’s I-140 was pending for six months, these six months are subtracted from Junior’s age at the time when the I-140 was approved. Subtracting six months from Junior’s age of 21 years, 7 months on July 1, 2002, Junior’s age was fixed at 20 years and 7 months. However, because the immigrant visa number is not available on July 12, 2012, Junior’s age starts toll. Even with the Child Status Protection Act, Junior still ages out and may not adjust his status as he is “21 years and 7 months” older under the CSPA on July, 2013 when the immigrant visa number becomes available for his father.

3. 孩子已經來美10 年了,一直是合法身份(H4 到 F1)畢業於local的小學,中學,現在在讀大學。符合Defered Action for Childhood Arrivals(DACA), 隻不過DACA 是針對非法小孩,我孩子是合法。
-Don't think your child is qualified for this kind of benefit.

我孩子能申請DACA and get EAD 去工作嗎?申請了DACA 會不會影響孩子到F1 身份?

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”